Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What celebrity would you go drinkin with?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

she was very interested in what I was doing and how school was etc etc

Isn't that kind of weird how (you didn't know who she was yet) you told her about school etc. I know if I had a brief encounter with someone looking for directions, I wouldn't start yapping about me & college.

I could just imagine it actually, someone pulling up in a car, rolling down the window, and asking me how to get somewhere. I would tell them, and then continue to describe how I think it's strange that nearly all of my lecturers are called Brian, and that my Thesis is due next week. I don't think they would hang around long enough, TBH :( (not that I don't believe you or anything, just that it's a tad strange, that's all).

Oh yeah, for me it would have to be Sarah Michelle Gellar, Linus Torvalds & Richard Stallman (but not in the same company, Christ I wouldn't be talking about Open Source with the likes of Buffy sitting across from me) ;)

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

phobos Firstly, she was walking, secondly, she asked me to get to the studio, I said oh I'll be going up there in a minute, its quite hard to find, she then went on to say, oh thanks, thats very nice of you, and then on the walk up we conversed about me being so young working in a sound studio and how I was working there, and I told her I was on work experience from school in Kilkenny, she then proceed to ask me about school....... and that kilkenny was a nice place, I think I know what happened I was there.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

this is a toughy......

Yoda or some star trek main cats member just for all the star wars and star trek fans to buy us drinks while we hand out prepared signatures...Also the Force would be useful when we have to sit far from the bar...too lazy to get up

Date...hmm...Neve Campbell cause she's fit and no one else will cop on who she is so i wont have people getting in the way :D

-What about what drink would u have with your chosen celeb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Fun Lovin Criminals, just go on the tare!

Sean Connery, dunno why but I'd imagine his a brillant conversationalist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Chill Lump ;)
    Originally posted by phobos
    (not that I don't believe you or anything, just that it's a tad strange, that's all).

That's exactly what I meant, I didn't try and expose a lie on an open forum. When you think about it, it still sounds funny :)

;-phobos-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Rory Gallagher and/or Phil Lynnot

Originally posted by phobos
    Chill Lump ;)

That's exactly what I meant, I didn't try and expose a lie on an open forum. When you think about it, it still sounds funny :)

;-phobos-)

It is quite funny actually that I didnt reconise this "sex Symbol" and well known Irish celebrity..... I was young and innocent, thats my excuse ;)

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Johnny Vegas, as hes a larf and is fond of the beer and wouldnt fall asleep after a few pints. That and hes wealthier than I and he could buy all night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭lazer

Russel Crowe...then try and seduce him hahahaha...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Colin Farrell...for some reason... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

My fellow Limerickman Richard Harris. Madman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Aren't a lot of us going drinking with some of the boards.ie celebrities....

hmmm.... i wonder if they're as pretty in real life as they are in the HTML.... :)

<< Fio >>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Lemmy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

Limb bizkit, korn, and micheal jackson!. why u ask i bring a pùssy with me to the pub?. so all of us can kick his/it girly white ass around the place! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by #MEAT#
    Limb bizkit, korn, and micheal jackson!. why u ask i bring a pùssy with me to the pub?. so all of us can kick his/it girly white ass around the place! :D

I'm bring a baseball bat.

To hell with Jackson, I'm going clean for Durst's stupid ****ing head.
    And after that I'm going to break Fieldy's knee-caps for his crimes against music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

For the session of all time:

The four horsemen of the apocalypse

War can bash anyone who annoys me, Famine can keep me from scarfing two tonnes of Tayto pub crisps when I'm pissed, Pestilence can only create an improvement in the state of the glasses in most of the places I've been drinking, and Death can rescue me before the hangover sets in.

Sorted. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

if i was to go out with a celebrity for drinks ..... hmm tough one

i'd have to have myself casted in "Cheers" just for the night like. I'd like to sit inbetween norm and cliff, i'd bring a comb get some hair tips from sam. Pass the odd sexist comment at diane.

Oh a man can dream, A man can dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I wouldn't mind having a drink with Juan Pablo Montoya, and failing that Denzel Washington!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

Originally posted by Thorbar
    Gary Glitter.

no m8, i talkin about the pub not the youth disco.
    :D
    Originally posted by m1ke
    if i was to go out with a celebrity for drinks ..... hmm tough one
    i'd have to have myself casted in "Cheers" just for the night like. I'd like to sit inbetween norm and cliff, i'd bring a comb get some hair tips from sam. Pass the odd sexist comment at diane.
    Oh a man can dream, A man can dream

:cool: good answer. :)

I've been thinkin a bit more on the subject, how about
    Kung Fu Legend: Bruce Lee.
    Apparently he was a infamous womaniser and enjoyed the odd social gathering.
    If there was a fight, he'd be in the thinck of it and everyone would be dead/unconcious quickfast. How many times has he taken on an army of baddies and come away unscathed???
    :)

PS: Dont even think about suggesting his son, brandon lee, fair enough The Crow was good but Jesus Tap dancing Christ on a bicycle ill never forgive him for "Showdown in Little Tokyo"
    One of his lines was:
    "In case we dont get out of this alive then i have to say this: You've got the biggest dick ive ever seen on a man."

nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭retneil

Natalie Imbruglia.. Savage..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Jessica Alba RAAARRR! :)
    Or else Johnny Vegas/Denis Leary/Gomez/The Frames

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭apiou

Sorry Lads, but I do not have anyone part. to drink with. I am a

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭apiou

Sorry Lads, but I do not have anyone part. to drink with. I am lucky. I spent three hours sitting beside and chatting and eating with Benico del Toro - and - YES - He is a real nice person. -

You sat beside who? Oh and learn to type. like without. using. fullstops. mid . sentance.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

butmostly id like to go out with my mates amp and castor troy and shoot the breeze and get drunk and laugh about old times and the muppets on boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Flimbo

Leslie Nielson. He'd keep you entertained for hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

Dennis leary &

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Laird hamilton - just an all round legend.

Jak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    butmostly id like to go out with my mates amp and castor troy and shoot the breeze and get drunk and laugh about old times and the muppets on boards.ie.

don't you just f**kin hate shop talk?

I still say Angelina Jolie... - Billy Bob would have to be out of the picture, obviously...

She'd start cutting herself with the steak knife and holding your hand over the candle.
    Nice tits but too disturbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by SyxPak
    She'd start cutting herself with the steak knife and holding your hand over the candle.
    Nice tits but too disturbed.

Ah, it's all good :)

Anyway... what steak knife? ... what candle?

It *was* drinks we were talking about wasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

or maybe Frank Zappa - sure why not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hes dead for a start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

ah well another friend I don't have then. But some people in this thread need reminding that Homer Simpson is not real!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Me, Joe Strummer, Ronaldo, and Yasser Arafat. A top night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

gabe and tycho. and then beat them senseless at JK2. :)

adnans

Zach de la Rocha or Geena Davis failing that Colm Murphy

True,True

Geena Davis appears to be a very cool person.
    And sexy, did i mention sexy?
    Well she is.

Oh and btw Syxpak, you're post about angelina, and the steak knife horror deserves to be in that weird dream thread :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

rodney from only fools and horses or alan partridge . they rok !

• Advertisement

The cast of Father Ted.
    Maybe even the characters as opposed to the actors.
    Both would ensure a great night methinks.

Fr. Ted Crilly or Dermot Morgan R.I.P*
    Fr. Dougal Maguire or Ardal o'Hanlon
    Fr. Jack Hackett or Frank Kelly
    Mrs. Doyle or Pauline McLynn

The lads for the laughs and you'd never have to leave your seat since Mrs.Doyle would always be more than eager to get the drinks and snacks. :)

*return if possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭wee man

I would go drinking with homer simson, hes my hero:)

Someone mentioned Hector O'hEochogain.....good choice.

Or indeed any of the birds off TG4. Nyom :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by JOOROWNED
    yoda : cos love him the chicks would ( aww hes so cute can i pet him ) lol

LOL :D:D:D

Well I'd probably take J-Lo or Jennifer Looooooooove Hewitt. I hear they're great company :p

And then of course theres Eddie Murphy. :D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement