Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CRT Vs TFT

• 11-04-2002 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,515 ✭✭✭

I have a choice between a 15" TFT monitor or and CRT monitor. I mainly want the computer for watching DVD's , surfing the net and doing some work and game playing on but dont have many graphic intenvise games yet, would like to try online gaming though.

Which would be better. i like the TFT one but the salesman told me the DVD would be a bit jumpy.

Price deos not matter and i hope to get a 19" CRT if i choose CRT.

Please help. Would i be better getting a TV-OUT and using that instead of a CRT monitor.

P.S Its my 100 post. Yahoo! :D :cool: :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

Well if you want to watch DVD's on it i would go for the biggest screen possible I think it would look better on a 19" instead of a 15"
    Although TFT's are very cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

LCD looks cool, and takes up little space. However the 19" crt will be much better for games and dvd's. Only the most expensive lcd's can handle full motion well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I'm looking to get a small >14" TFT or ultra shallow tube CRT for my bedroom PC, having troble finding one though.
    Any thoughts?
    Could it be possible to mod an old laptop display?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

not really, seeing as the vga cable is in fact built in, is the signal then not completely digital? the display wouldn't be able to take an analogue signal afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

For either go for a 22" CRT or better still 42" plazma screen :D.As for TFT they have come on in leaps and bounds i have to admit i havent tried DVD on one but proview ones handle 1024x768 running Medal of honor np.

Stone:D

col88_1671_5811508.jpg

not sure what the picture would be like but it does have a res of 1600x1200 :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement