Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness Line up (Absolute Crap)

Options
  • 12-04-2002 8:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Oasis - Has beens rolling out the same crap again.
    Foo Fighters - Almost a pop band these days
    Green Day - 3 chord wonders
    No Doubt - 1 allright song a load of nonsense.
    Mercury Rev - They'll probably be put on at 2pm, so no-one can see them.
    Maria Doyle Kennedy ?? Don't know her stuff
    Chemical Brothers -
    Gomez
    A
    and a few more

Mainly has-beens with the exception of the Chemicals. They probably got them on the cheap because they can't get decent gigs outside Ireland.

Roll on Ozzfest. SOAD and Tool, I can't believe it.
    And roll on Homelands, Hopefully they'll have the Basement Jaxx.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

How can you say it crap when the best band in the world is playing!!!!!!!! Its worth the ticket money alone to see OASIS!!!:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TriggerGene

can see your point pookster - but first rate bands are not exactly in abundance at the minute - especially for headlinin such a large festival - if greenday and the foo fighters pull out the oldies it should be good-lookin forward to the chemical brothers too - any word on PRIMAL SCREAM? i hear theyre playin T in the park that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

maria doyle kennedy, i think she was in the commitments
    saw her playing last week, she's okay, one of these singers that invites friends and family onto the stage to sing the last few numbers. i believe she was drunk, but i cant be too sure. I wasn't too keen on her music, i mean i woudlnt pay to go and see her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Im happy just cos Gomez are playing!!!! Their gig the other night was ABSOLUTELY BRRRRRRILLIANT!!!!!:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Eyeliner__Boy
    How can you say it crap when the best band in the world is playing!!!!!!!! Its worth the ticket money alone to see OASIS!!!:D :D

You're insane. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i don't think its too bad...

i'd like to see 6 bands out of the first 11 or 12...chemical bros/green day/foo fighters/badly drawn boy/gomez/black rebel motorcycle club

thats pretty good....

bad thing is the price!!!!

Kurdt:knockedout:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

Get over the price. Its ten quid more than last year.
    Work it out ye pack of jesters.
    If you wouldnt' mind seeing Texas again I can see your point. But were gettin huge name headliners. This is great. It will make the tents all that more exciting. All the dicks will be outside.
    I say WELL DONE WITNNESS AND MCD the line-up is great.
    Mecury Rev are great and of course they won't be on at two o clock. What kind of poomonger are you. They'll either be headlining the More tent or playin preety late on the main stage.
    Gomez are great. So are the Chems. The Foos are a great live band and so are green day. Oasis as much as I dont like them will get the crowd goin no doubt.
    Its goin to be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Maria Doyle Kennedy was one of the "Commitment-ettes" and was also a former member of Hothouse Flowers (or whatever they were called back then). Her stuff is kinda sultry and soulful and not really my thing to be honest. I can't imagine her being anything more than just a novelty act at Witnness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Hey dats my symbol although i will give u credit for choosing it.

Im lookin forward to Witness cause the Foos and Greenday are playin.

I really do hate Oasis but Im willing to put up with them......it should be fun if it's not rainin.Even if it is yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

God, they really are not the best band in the world but thats just my opinion.
    also looking forward to Gomez and Badly Drawn Boy.:p

Hi RaptureQueen!
    I'd change it except I'm far too lazy and technophobic.

So instead let's just bask in our obvious good taste.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Vert

Originally posted by Eyeliner__Boy

Is this not a contradiction???

Green Day are the best Festival band around!

and the Foo Fighters will be class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

The Prodigy
    Basement Jaxx
    Air
    Starsailor
    Ian Brown
    Sonic Youth
    Morcheeba
    Tricky
    The Bluetones
    Beta Band
    Less than Jake
    Electric Soft Parade
    The Coral
    Cornelius
    Lemonjelly
    Melaton

...the latest additions :)

it just gets better!!!! bring it on!!!

Kurdt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

kurdt i love you!
    are air really playing????
    im SOOOOOOO going!!!!!!
    woohoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

Eat your words whoever started this thread. You cocksucker. That's the best line up in Ireland since the Feile days.

Not really. The three main bands in question may be big but they are unquestionably not as important to people as they once were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭LA_girl

You MUST see Mercury Rev live if you get a chance -- absolutely amazing performance!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

When Oasis play stuff like Live Forever and Champagne Supernova the crowd should and will get going.
    There are plenty of bands playing with musical talent coming out of their ears, but as people said about Massive Attack...
    At festivals, half of it is about getting people going. And silly monkey types can do it just as much as the excellent Mercury Rev do. A festival is an experience. You can lie on the grass with a beer with the sun shining and chill out to the sound of the Beautiful South, and then you can be crushed, screaming the words to the Manics. I likes festivals...

Advertisement