Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19" Monitors E250

• 12-04-2002 9:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭

Im not trying to sound like an advert but i`ve never seen CRT monitors this cheap anywhere is Ireland in my life.

But it is starting to look like LIDL is becomming the place to pick up PC stuff. Has anyone tried these monitors?

Also the have USB hubs for 17.99, and cordless optical mice for 30 quid, froce feedback wheels for 90 quid.

They must be trying to get the jump on PC world and places like that.

Has anyone baught any of this stuff yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

DooDee bought one yesterday, says they're savage, flatscreen too :)
    I'd love to get one, but cashflow problem...getting E1500 in a week and a half - E40 in the bank at the moment :mad:

Are those USB hubs powered?
    What are the wheels like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

i dident see the hubs just the price so i know nothing abut them.

The wheel looked great and force feedback too, i just baught a wheel so i missed out on getting one of those. The have a strange look to them but the box was very heavy so theres a good bit of weight in them. Id say they are fairly good.

I dident know the monitor was a flat screen, that makes it even better now!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

url?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    Im not trying to sound like an advert [...]

I'm not trying to sound like a fascist dictator, but this belongs in Technology, not Games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Are you serious? 19" flat monitors for e250?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Yea, as the man said I got one of those monitors and they are excellent, FLAT TUBE(screen) makes for lovely watching of DVDs and general use.Lovely 19" aswell.
    As reguards the Hub it a USB HUB not a NETWORKING HUB , it is ment to expand your USB ports.
    The optical mouse is also WIRELESS , they are 400 DPI and work on a radio frequency of 27MHZ.
    Those Wheels look very good aswell.
    As Reguard LIDL getting in on the PC scene they arent, LIDL and its Subsidary Company ALDI buy surplus stock off manufacturers like MEDION or TARGA VISIONARY and sell the equipment for cheap. sure only 2 weeks ago they were selling 1.2Ghz Lappies wiv 512MB RAM and 30GB HD's for the 1500 mark, way cheaper than anything Dell or the likes have (I know dell are sumwhat expensive) DVD and Burner combo in those lappies too (Me da got one)

Aldi Were selling monitors LCD monitors and PC's before christmas, I got a p4 1.6Ghz, 256MB Ram, 80GB HD, GF3 Ti200 TV-out DVI-out, 6Channel Sound (C-Media onboard chip) Firewire, Built in NIC modem, mouse and keyboard for 850euro.

Its worth watching em as im sure this wont be the last time they have these sorta Deals on....

if u still considering the monitor I'd say go for it as u wont Regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

*expletive*

I'm e200 in debt right now.

How long do you think this offer will last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

lidl always bring out this stuff on a thurs and they only last while the stock does, ie once they is gone, there won't be anymore. used to work for them grr hated it, but eh sometimes stuff can sell out in a day all depends. gonna go check out lidl in newbridge tomo, but they usually don't have a lot of the stuff even tho they are right beside the main office/warehouse that takes all the imports and sends them off again around he country, go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

i got one of the monitors. ****ing excellent. does the business. all nice and flat too. just like koopa's ubar monitor. i got it using 150hz vert and 75 horiz using powerstrip at 800 x 600 on my brothers machine, played a few games of quake aswell. nice nice.
    anyway, the one we have, isnt a targa visionary, its galvotreckblah or something.

a high "high quality panaphonic or sorny set" indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

where does one get one of these monitors?

• Advertisement

Gid, they can still order them from round the country, cause once before they ran out of one of the specials in Galway and we jst rang the head office and were told that it could be sent to our nearest store, they try sell the stuff asap.

Right,
    I found the manufacturors webby so here yea go
    its teh 19" Flat Panel/Screen
    http://www.gericom.com/gericom2001/page.cfm?page=imagelisting&familie=5500&gruppe=1200_1300&caption=Monitore%3A%2017%26quot%3B%20%26%2019%26quot%3B%20Tubes

Now they are the manufacturor I bought the actually Monitor from LIDL
    Unofrtunatly LIDL dont have an english webby afaik, but they do have a newsletter aswell as adds in allot of the main papers (Galway Advertiser for one)
    So chekc them out for your nearest store, or ring Errorcoms 11811 and ask for the LIDL Head office, thats where u may have to order them from if they dont have any in store.
    Gud lukm Hope yee get one if ur lookin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Just got one of these monitors setup, it is absolutely sweet. 100% flat, and handles 1280 * 1024 at 85hz. Colour and geometry are good, not much messing around needed with OSD. Looks great in everything I've tried, I'd advise running out and buying one now. I got mine in blanchardstown, they don't keep them out on the shop floor, so ask a security guard for a manager and they will get it for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭embraer170

Also bought one today and find it pretty good. They had 2-3 left in Killarney. They were kept on the shop floor.

Well, if you have seen blanchardstown, you'll understand (btw, some of my best friends come from blanch ) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

haha all very nice dan but no room for that baby in my car :( unless you wanna sit on sams lap for 4 hours hehe :)

got it today :D now i needs a new desk to hold it feckin huge, makes a huge diff over my old 15" but what i like most is that i can now have all my msger folk on displayed with no scroll bar, oh that and games +design ;)

vinceeeeeeeenttttttt can i come? at least the comp looks cool now, what ever bout me quake playin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

hard luck alo i gave you a chance to go the last time but alas you didn't go and now my wagon is pre booked forever :) you'd only start moanin anyway

t'was only messin, not into ur quakin, tis not my thang. as long as i get a steady supply of vidjos, mp3's, and some fancy software everynow n then from ur lan's i'll be a happy camper etc'

Well thet had those laptops in blanch for a few weeks as they are still slow to sell as they are expensive but id say the monitors will last a while in blance. ( which is where i saw them at first ).

• Advertisement

Just wondering what settings yee have yers at.
    due to me being so paranoid I've ended up bollixing up my setting son the monitor itself, Looks kinda Blurred (not focused)
    so what are yeer V-Moire and h-moire settings at?

I left the moire at 0, since there weren't any problems with it. I have to tweak the other settings loads though, since theres something not quite right with the picture, but I can't put my finger on it. Contrast and focus perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Phil do you still think I should get one? have you found any problems with it? beond this strange image blure problem?

well you saw the thing, make up your own mind.

ID say the image blur problem it due to that guys settings and they might get fixed when he changes them back.

All the other guys really recomend the monitor so im off to get one any way. Thats asuming they have any left.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I got one quite good but in half life it says that the signal is out of range. I tried messing with the resolution and refresh rate but it dosen't make any difference. Anybody else had this problem? BTW whats the max refresh rate in 800 x 600?

Set your refresh rates lower in windows, if you have win2k and an nvidia card, search for nvrefix on google, lets you setup the refresh rates. The monitor has a max refresh of 150hz, it should be able to get close to that in 800 * 600, so I dunno what crazy refresh you are trying to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I to have one of those monitors i have it set at 1280*1024 @ 75hertz but the writing in windows seems fuzzy or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

The nvidia refresh fix doesn't work with dets 27.xx onwards afaik.
    I have 28.32s at home.
    I say somehwere a pack of 'fixed' 28.35s that are compatible with the refresh fixer, but who knows.
    Apparently nvidia have changed the way they package the drivers back to the way it was before. Or something.
    has anyone tried it on a good ATi or proper 2D card? Check for image quality.
    What's the dot pitch on them?

• Advertisement

0.25 apparently.

Advertisement