Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

19" Monitors E250

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Does anyone reckon that flatscreen monitors are due a price decrease anytime soon? Like a lot of other stuff with regard to computer technology, Ireland seems to be last in this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I dunno, 250 euro looks like a good price to me..
    You can get any monitor you want from dabs though, and its 20 sterling shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Id like to think that monitors were comming down in price. But lidl get some great bargins in from time to time so i wouldent think that they are setting the standard for a 19" flatscreen.

I rang LIDL today, and the monitors are all gone in Ireland, apparently.

Anyway Doodee, make sure the colour temperature is at 9500. Makes a major difference to me. I'm now prepared to compare the screen to the 19" trinitron in work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Well the problem was my gfx card for some reason. The problem was that it couldn't display 640*480 at all no matter what refresh rate. I re-installed the gfx card and it worked fine. Also i find that using the standard windows monitor drivers rather than the ones you get with the monitor are much better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭embraer170

3 monitors left in Killarney yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

i also got one of these and am very happy with it :)
    1024x768 @ 110 hz it can do 120 at that res but it seems a bit blured its very sharp at 110 hz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

There'll most liekly be more stuff shortly enough, they get in new stock every month or so, don't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

new stuff is out every thursday but it isnt' always comp stuff, ya usually get some sort of electronics tho but could be anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Is anybody using a geforce 2 with it? I am and the refresh rate stays at 60 hz for games but its 100 hz in windows. I dunno much about refresh rates so a litlle help would be appreciated. Also i dunno if Syx's post applies to this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Dr.Seagull

im using a gf2 with mine
    i would say this has something to do with windows using the default refresh rate for res that differ from your desktop i use powerstrip so i can pick what hz i want for each resolution maybe u should try it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭BabyEater

I get the same in windows it says that i am at 85hz but in counterstrike i am only getting 60fps instead of 85

Nvidia refresh rate fix program here:

http://www.planetquake.com/ztn/nvreffix/

Note that it does say that it won't work with 27.41 drivers or later, it works fine for me with the 23.11 drivers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

There are 28.35s out now which apparently are compatible with the refreshrate fixer.
    Don't have a link handy but http://www.madonion.com is ust one of the place I came across them.

well if there are no monitors left i wont be getting one just yet.

I`ll be headinf down to lidl in blanch tomorrow and i`ll be there every week so i`ll keep an eye on developments there and let you guys know if anything else intresting pops up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Anyone know where i can find out where there stores are:
    As i`m in Monaghan/Dundalk

Much appreciated

I think the number for the Irish headquarters (newbridge) is

045 440 400 , and you can ask them where the other stores are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

In the Lidl store, Donegal town
    there were 5 at 12.20
    at 12.21 there were 4 left....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Logically speaking, one was sold adeypius

• Advertisement

well i was in lidl yesterday in blanch and they has no good stuff as it was wensday, the day before they get in new bargins, so there was nothing there.....
    ....Until low and behold i spied one little 19" monitor all alone, and it may be still there now, as i dident buy it.

Advertisement