Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wondering if you could help...

• 04-05-2001 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

I recently upgraded my PC to a hercules prophet 2 MX, P3 500, 192MB ram, but all the games I've tried on it so far have crashed every time I tried to play them. I downloaded drivers for the card, but no joy. Thanks for your time.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

what O/S you using?
    Do DirectX and OpenGL games both crash?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

www.tweak3d.net

Make sure there are no old drivers around,get a good clean install.Delete all old ones completely!
    Thats a nice card you have.How much and from where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Jelvon

hmm , I bought a herc 2 mx a while ago , its a sweet card , great value for money smile.gif. neway I had bother with it aswell ,ie. it was crashing when initalising and starting games, I fixed the prob by turning the ram speed down from pc133 to pc100 in the bios. I am running a k7-800 rig with pc133 ram smile.gif. if that doesn't work for ya drunkleprachaun try using the drivers that come on the herc cd , oh and if you get it working defiantly use the 3deep program.

Jelv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Check that 'Assign IRQ to VGA' is enabled in bios setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I use win98 and both openGL and d3d games crash. I got it from game on grafton street, but I don't know the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Motherboard/CPU?

if this is an upgrade then I take it it's an oldish system. There was an issue with early AMD/VIA chipsets and the Geforce/2. If you have an Athlon system it might be worth checking microsoft's site for the patch. Also get the latest VIA 4in1 drivers if that's your chipset.

Also check your AGP aparture size in the BIOS. Try a few dif settings.
    Sometimes Enabling 15-16m memory Hole works.
    Make sure nothing is sharing an IRQ with your Vid card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

It's not an old systrm(1 year) and I didn't upgrade the processor, just the ram and gfx.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Doh, didnt see the P3 bit earlier......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

I dunno what motherboard you are using, I'll presume it's bx based. Theres no real bios settings that would influence it. Either some other piece of hardware in your system doesnt like the mx, or your windows install is messed up. So you could try running with all the other cards out, see if you can run any games then. Otherwise backup your important files, and reinstall windows. ( preferably windows 2000 )

Advertisement