Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help... PLS READ AT LEAST btw :)

• 07-05-2001 1:54pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

well as for those great pings, they're true
    but when you're actualy in the games server, you ping will be higher, because you're sending more than you were when pinging
    as for your ping going up, it's normal for it to up in gun fight's, but I think that 600 is a bit too much to go up for a gun fight, it should stay under 300 if on a 56k

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[SG]BGA

You've a software modem. Bin it, throw it away, and use two cans and a piece of string. It'll be better...
    Software modems are utter pieces of sh!te, especially if you've a slow enuff computer. They use your processor for various things (forget which), the end result of which is that your framerate goes down and your ping goes up. Fine for downloading, but fa else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">They use your processor for various things (forget which)</font>

That'd be data compression and error correction. He's right if you have a slow pc say under 500Mhz it'lll greatly impact performance.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

k THX lads but am... if i do get a hard ware modem am i sure to get round those pings and to stop my ping going up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

/me points to http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum5/HTML/000546.html

PS. didnt know you hung round these parts bga smile.gif

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

Well since the UKFN msgboard is poo and a sum total of one man and his dog hang about on it I had to find somewhere else. Thankfully they don't know me too well here...

No, Mother! I did not eat your sugar-lard! Put down the belt, Mommy, I will wear the frock to school! I will wear the pretty frock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Theyll find out about your chicken fetish soon enough mate..

Moriarty
    mrmoriarty@eircom.net

I prefer duck..

ehh nice conversation there

Lads when I am pinging netshop or aicsl out in ms dos pinging utility i get ****ing unreal ping ... 140 130 150 140 etc et

wait actually

just there actually was
    125 (****)
    125 (****)

so if I got a hard ware version of the us robotics modem i have now would i get these ping round about it like?

And also When i go into major gun fights in CS my ping goes ape **** like ****ing 600 up wards frown.gif PLS HELP

Advertisement