Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP install probs

Options
  • 12-04-2002 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

OK, I'm trying to run php on apache/rh7.2 but it won't work.
    I have the php4 rpms installed, and in httpd.conf I'm forcing it to load the module. ie., I removed the line: <IfDefine HAVE_PHP4> from the conf file and just left it to LoadModule..... every time.
    The AddType...... lines are there too. WTF is going on??
    I don't have to put php files in the cgi-bin do I?? (I'm clutching at straws here). I was missing some files called 'libread-3.1.so' or something, but I managed to source them on CD. Still not working. MYSQL is installed too.

:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Have you set the php mime?

What exactly happens when you open a php?

WHat does the apache logs say?

Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

php-mime? ummmmmmmmm...no. Apparently it was 'installed' when I installed apache, 'cos things like 'AddType' were already defined, but other things told me otherwise (such as messages like 'PHP is not installed on this system').

When I open a php file it just shows me the source.

The logs say something like 'execution of .....php failed' (I haven't got it here).

(I could be an idiot :rolleyes: 'cos I just had a brainwave :))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Argg dont stop there
    been trying to get it working all day ( along with a bucket load of other stuff apache (got console up)
    and mysql ( got some sort of thing working, you can tell im in way
    above my head here )

anyway what you do to get it working??
    how do you know if it is working?

desperatly seeking help

Advertisement