Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouselook

Options
  • 12-04-2002 1:20pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Me and my friend have been arguing about this for the last few months. There is no answer to this question but is one of the most important asked and has some implications with the solution for world peace.
    You see ever since I've started playing true 3d fps i've played with reverse mouse. It's more natural when you get used to it which takes about an hour. My friend played like this until a few month's ago but has since turned to the darkside and is now a non reverse mouser. I find that people that have been playing since Quake usually use reverse mouse since it also helps in flight sims but noobs usually don't bother with it. Which do you use.
    By the way if you use a joypad I will hunt you down and end your blasphemous ways.

To reverse mouse or not reverse mouse? 44 votes

Reverse mouse
    0% 0 votes
    Non reverse mouse
    29% 13 votes
    Joypad (BLASPHEMY!!!!!)
    70% 31 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

that question has been answered long ago here and here.

some prize quotes from both threads...
    richindub2
    People who use inverted mouse have upsidedown brains, its the only explanation.
    logic1
    Anyone that says inverted play for an FPS game is natural is obviously a moron.
    amp
    Are you a righty or a leftie? Are you a member of that sick bunch of inverted losers?

after the very successfull poll we can only assume that people who use inverted mice are freaks and always lose when playing quakeworld.

adnans (non-inverter)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭SHAMAN

Actually, has anyone heard of TouchSense technology? They invented a mouse thta sent sensations through your hand to simulate what you were touching. The one game I know you can use it with is Black and White. In other words, if your hand touched a log in the game, you'd feel the sensation. Same with water, people anything really. From what I've heard it's supposed to be quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I used reverse :) But I changed :P

I can use both with no problems. Think Vertakill converted me TY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

koopa uses inverse. can't argue with that!
    it's like flying a plane or something. like in those plane simulators.
    but just because leonardo da vinci (no sam you are not leonardo da vinci) wrote upside down and back to front didn't mean every1 else did too

Inverted is the besttest. Its more natural to push urself forward to look down at something and to pull back when u look up. Thats my logic in it neway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Actually, has anyone heard of TouchSense technology? They invented a mouse thta sent sensations through your hand to simulate what you were touching. The one game I know you can use it with is Black and White. In other words, if your hand touched a log in the game, you'd feel the sensation. Same with water, people anything really. From what I've heard it's supposed to be quite good.

So if there was a fire in the game you could scald the hand off yourself? Or if you shoved your hand up somethings árse you would get a slimy, sloppy, smelly sensation?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Inverted mouse rules. Non-inverters are the freaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I use normal mouse, but reverse controls on analog sticks, EG: timesplitters for PS2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Alright who said they use the joypad. May Mickey the god of mice smite you down with a woeful fart.

Advertisement