Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ASP and JSP Login Scripts

Options
  • 12-04-2002 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Hey guys.

I'm Doing a scripted Web page and I cant find any books or decent websites to find an ASP Login Script.

Could someone give me simple script and tell me what is needed with it OR give me an Alternative (Not PHP or CGI).

Also, Validation Boxes for ASP.

Also.....

What Component of Java will connect to a Sybase Database from Webpages? Is it JSP?? If so... how does it start off (Yes I am a complete Idiot :D )

Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Yo, about the asp, I don't know. Just have a search around really.

Connecting to a database in Java you will need to use JDBC. Java DataBase Connectivity.

( i think that's what it stands for )

Anyway, yah you will need to get a jdbc driver for the Sybase database and then write some java to play around with it. You can do it in your jsp pages but you are better off writing a few standalone java classes to connect to the database and calling these from the jsp.

www.javaworld.com
    www.sqlcourse.com
    www.devshed.com

these are fairly useful sites, off the top of my head.

Gav

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Cheers m8 for the Links.... but me bloody college must have those sites blocked through the Novell Gateway device thing :confused:

I'll try from home in a while.

Please keep the suggestions coming in

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

If your looking for ASP the easy way is to use Macromedia Dreamweaver UltraDev. It will create ASP pages for you without you doing any codeing. A GREAT site for FREE ASP scripts is web wiz guide: http://www.webwizguide.com

Or go through me:
    gmb-europe.com

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Check out my post here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48396

For login information, you need to filter the recordset on the basis of a cookie. The cookie will only be set when and if the login and password match, a redirect to a members area displaying their personal info.

If you want to go the Ultradev route... it is a great program for teaching you how to write. Always work in joint preview/code view and you will learn as you insert pre-programed scripts into your pages.

All the best...

Advertisement