Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PCs and DVD regions.

• 12-04-2002 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

I'm intending to import some R1 DVDs, and I'm wondering if they'll work on my Irish PC. It's a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-M1212, if it matters, and I'm using MS drivers. If they will work with my computer, might I need some new software?
    Help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Generally when you install the DVD player the installation asks you to select a region, and (in the case of my creative drive) it will let you change the regions before permanently setting the region of the drive. On mine I can change the region another 4 times or something.
    I don't know the specifics of your drive, but there's probably some config. software in there. Unless the drive is region free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

You may need a firmware patch to allow you to play R-1 DVD's on it. Check out this site, it has some programs such as DVD Region Info, at least that'll tell you if your drive is multi region or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Exactly what I was looking for. Cheers Fidel.

Advertisement