Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do You Have A Band?

• 12-04-2002 4:29pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok,

Boards.ie could do helping us pay for its hosting.
    Young bands can do with some exposure.

Heres the idea:
    We pick three bands to battle off for the title of Boards Badass Band!
    (ie, the winner of the competition).

People pay a fiver in (which goes to support boards.ie) and the bands get free publicity. We'll organise and pay for the venue and probably run a late bar.

Would people be on for this? Are there any aspiring bands that would do this?

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Top idea. Pay for boards.ie and get drunk, what more could we want? I had band until about a month ago, but if someone want's to set up a once-offie with me......

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I wouldn't mind doing that.... where would venue and stuff be though, or do you have any ideas yet?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, the Castle Inn there near Christchurch. Great venue and just the right size.

I know Kharn has a band but I'm not sure we're ready for them :)

Slosh also has a band, might talk to him...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

And afterwards we can go to the nethouse next door and have a Lan :p.

Seriously though when are you thinking of having it dev. I'm in a band called Kill All Panda's (working title) we not ready for shows yet but in a month or two who knows.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

it'll bea early June so you have time.

DeV.

• Advertisement

I'm going away second week in June but I (I mean we) would be interested.

I sent you a PM about this aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hmm interesting, I just won a battle of the bands there on friday, and would be interested in winning another:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭delorentos

good idea!
    we'd play that!
    mmmmnnnnnnnnnnnn....

or you could just set up a boards.ie rock benefit night, we'd play that for free to earn yez a bit of money...?

:)

I think a rock benifit night would be better. It means we won't have anyone crying because they didn't win.

Originally posted by DeVore
    Yeah, the Castle Inn there near Christchurch. Great venue and just the right size.

DeV.

I know it well. Used to live just there, and drank there often. Our band would be up for it.
    The one thing I'm wondering is where would you set a stage up in the Castle Inn?? Down the back? At the fireplace?

• Advertisement

Upstairs, its pretty spacious and there is a low stage.

DeV.

Ah yeah, cool. I've never been upstairs forgot about that. Well count us in for the running. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

I'm gonna make this a sticky for a while so it gets attention. I wholeheartedly endorse this product and or service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

My new band will be up for a small set, we're kinda punk/rock Blink 182, Pennywise sound, wold you be up to hear us?

BomB

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Just as I get a band setup ! Wouldn't have enough time to get 2 songs down before it :)

But maybe, just maybe we might.

Slaan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Well i'm not in a band at the moment but i'm sure I might be able to get one together for then :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I dont have a band but i nominate Marvin* and Fuktifino.
    Both really good irish bands!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Do you allow solo people as well - I promise, I'm not as moany as some acoustic types.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, I don't really have a band - I had some mates I jammed with.

Is anyone intersted in putting together a wee combo for it for the craic? I'm guitar and vox so we need bass, drums and another guitar player who can actually play ;)

We could pick a few songs, learn them inside out, play them at the sound check for the first time together and then win the competition with out l33+ skill0rz!!!

I propose a working title of The Fucking Eejits :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Shad0r

Great idea...

I'd go :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement