Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness Rip-off Prices

Options
  • 12-04-2002 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Before 12th May
    Weekend ticket - €99.50
    Weekend ticket with camping - €120
    Day ticket (Limited Numbers) - €59.50

After 12th May

Weekend tickets - €109.50 Weekend ticket with camping - €130 Day ticket (Limited Numbers) - €59.50

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

was just about to post about the tickets....

fúckers!!!!! 120 euro!!!! ****!!!!

FúCK MCD!! and guinness!!! they're all money grabbing fúcks!!!!

Kurdt:knockedout:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

What! Its only 10 quid extra than last year. Get over it. If you want good bands to pkay like th Foos and Oasis your goin to have to pay that money. Its only 10 quid. Would you pay 10 quid more to see the Foos over texas.
    Its well worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

obviously theres a discount if you book early.. pre 12th may.. surely youve no problem with that?

i paid €165 for my glastonbury ticket... im hoping there'll be a slightly better lineup than witnness tho..

sure break it down to a per hour fee and what do you know fun and quality music has never been so affordable.. (not that id ever classifly oasis as quality music).. if all else fails get a job ye bum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

It's not that bad, just over half the price to see the Chili Peppers in Landsdown. And if you check out www.tinthepark.com and see who else is coming then (to quote the supermarket ad) that's real value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

oh what are you all talking about!!!! i know 10's of people who would happily pay twice that........JUST TO SEE OASSSIIIIISSSS!!!! You should be grateful its soooo cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i know 10's of people who would happily pay twice that........JUST TO SEE OASSSIIIIISSSS!!!!

10's of people... thats about right

probably closer to 10 than 10's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lisaq

Ok... prices might be a bit steep, but its the same for anything... plus its witness, come on, its worth it!! all those memories... *thinks back to living in a soaking wet tent for a couple of hours...* I was only in there cos i couldnt move dammit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

it doesn't matter about the prices. If you wanna go and see your favourite band/bands playing you wouldn't care how much you have to pay to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

it doesn't matter about the prices. If you wanna go and see your favourite band/bands playing you wouldn't care how much you have to pay to see them.

That excaltly what MCD are thinking they know they can charge outrageous prices because people will pay a lot of money just to see their favourite band play. And the bastards get away with it every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

think of how many great indpendent shows you could see for that price - my own policy, not to suggest to anybody else, is to use my sparce financial recources to see great little bands in small venues - more intimate, more fun and more money left over for beer, and skip the big crowded spectacles where you really end up just hearing the music blast through a PA system and maybe get a peek at some distant rock star through the crowd providing the person in front of you is not too tall. There are some bands I would pay anything to see - not on the lineup though (although there are some I would like to see nothing I cant live without)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

I believe I paid £80 for camping last year and that was . And if you add on the rip-off food and drink prices it'll cost a fortune. Of course price matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by atonal
    and maybe get a peek at some distant rock star through the crowd providing the person in front of you is not too tall.

you spoke my life story there.....if im not in the front row at concerts im screwed coz theres a 99% chance the person in front is taller than me.and like to invade my personal space. And when that happens i elbow dance.
    but i dont think i'll be going to witness unless someone super i love gets put onto the list and because most of the bands i like have split up........

who knows, maybe air will play? that would be great. not going to happen, but great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Ah! Another agressive short person who thinks they can act like a dick at concerts just cos they can't see the stage or bcos they have some paranoid delusion that they're getting deliberately elbowed in the head? You lot should be taken away by security whilst they're searching for spliffs and alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

its not a paranoid delusion
    im not going to stand aroung getting bruised by some drunk bufoon who just happens to be standing in front of me. im going to act like them and see how they like it.

i'm all up for moshing and whatever...in fact i live for it...but i hate drunken fools that fall all over you...especially at non moshy gigs...i'm with you drowner...kick some of em in the NuTz for me...:)

Kurdt:knockedout:

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Oasis = hurry up and die
    Chemical Bros - give it up lads and stick to DJ sets
    Green Day = see oasis
    Foo Fighters = as above
    No Doubt = hey baby, hey baby.....erm no
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club = shut up shut up shut up
    Gomez = take your mercury music hype and fek off you boring goons
    A - oh come on
    Badly Drawn Boy- zzzzzzzzzzzz
    Groove Armada - superstylin' ..........erm stick to the chillout stuff
    The Devlins - ho ho ho
    Maria Doyle Kennedy - again, hurry up and die
    Mercury Rev

The only thing in this lineup is Mercury Rev. They are sooo not worth 120 Euro's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

c'mon, maybe a little neutral musosim would be in place here?

Oasis = hum... i had given up on them after be here now but migght be interesting
    Chemical Bros - yay! never seen them, be adventurous...
    Green Day = ah well, i guess ya gotta pacify the kids...
    Foo Fighters = YAY! first chance after slane! :)
    No Doubt = see green day
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club = YAY! one of my two new bands of the year! :)
    Gomez = sure, why not... :)
    A - should be fun to see, so to hell with the criticism!
    Badly Drawn Boy- YAY! about time i got to see him...
    Groove Armada - well if you happen to like that kinds of stuff...
    The Devlins - get stoned first, then it'll be nice... :)
    Maria Doyle Kennedy - *cough* each to their own i guess...
    Mercury Rev - YAY! :)

shy little question: is there anything you actually like?

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

It is bloody expensive , think of how much money that is when you relate it to attendance...what was the attendance last year ...anybody??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

i'm guessing it was around 40-50,000 people, there is a much better lineup this year though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

To my name is mud.

You big poomonger please **** off.

These bands are just the headliners. If you had any interest in music ( which you obviosly don't- Gomez are brilliant, they are innovative and original and great live) youd realise that its in the tents where all the excitment happens. Your criticisms of the bands are typical of a arrogant ****er-they make no sense and are based on nothing. Foo Fighters for instance. Hurry up and die. No reasons as to why but then again your an arrogant ****er and you can say things like this. We all complained last year when they got cheap bands to headline (Texas and Sterophonics). Now were all complainin cause they've given us what we want and they charged us 10 quid extra. MCD
    have got great headline acts and if the tents are anywhere near this standard it will be a great gig.
    Please mud **** off, keep your moanin to yourself unless you have sometin decent to say. OR maybe from a band and show us Gomez Foo Fighters and the Chemical Brothers how its done. No I doubt you'll be doin that.
    P.S. How could you believe Badly Drawn Boy sends people to sleep. Hes great.

• Advertisement

you tell em poobags!!!

i'm delighted with the lineup so far...i was only giving out about the price coz i'm so POOR!!!

i cant wait to see gomez(saw them last week and they are one great live band)...

wanna see foos as well...can't wait to hear break out and learn to fly...

saw BRMC a while ago... well worth a look everyone...

badly drawn boy is SOOOOO entertaining live!!!! did anyone see him at the olympia last year....maybe it was jusst coz he was pissed but he was off his rocker...didn't have a setlist or nothin...

wanna see green day aswelll...good for a mosh and then of course theres time of your life...

i reckon the chems will be in that 'leftfield faithless after the main saturday heaadliner' slot... so i'll check them out....

and thats only outta the first 12 acts confirmed....

i also hear the frames, damien rice, hamell on trial, idlewild and turn are playing... all worth a look...

gotta say i dont like oasis though...

anyway...i'll see all you happy people there!!!!!

Kurdt

Advertisement