Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ADD COMMUNITY - Funky Dig

• 12-04-2002 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Board Name: Funky Dig
    Description: Group of ppl who know each other i the "real world" want somewhere to chat in private.
    Private: Y

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I think thats a good idea sisob

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Tis a very good idea!!! ;-D

It is certainly needed alright sisob...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

i agree.

definitely.

make me a moderator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I agree!

And make me a mod too :)

}:>

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll add this once I've talked to cloud about how to stop your posts showing in the top 20...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

:)

and as for mods, sisob! none of the others, they're just power-hungry! :) anyway, i'll take care of them regardless :)

<< Fio >>

Originally posted by DeVore
    I'll add this once I've talked to cloud about how to stop your posts showing in the top 20...

DeV.

what do you expect? he's got iol nolimits, so he obviously takes advantage of it! :D

Fio, i'm not powerhungry! i can be mod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Oh you have my total support too sisob.. MOD me man!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by DeVore

DeV.

Thanks DeV :)

and as for mods, sisob! none of the others, they're just power-hungry! :) anyway, i'll take care of them regardless :)

*grinn* thanks fio - oh and naturaly you shall be a member of the Funky dig board - I tried to pm you but you box is full

how do we become members mark?

• Advertisement

there is no board yet - DeV has to sort out the script on the home page not to show threads from private boards (after the freemaisons incident :) )

Then he will create the board - and i will have be able to add you as a user

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

What freemasons incident?
    there are no freemasons. You saw nothing.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    What freemasons incident?
    there are no freemasons. You saw nothing.

but, but , LOOK BEHIND YOU, i saw one

they do look like a mix between a dog and a grizzly right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I'm not power-hungry....

}:>

Way I see it is mark organised it so let him be mod...
    OR
    Cause it's a private board mark, colm, neil, ian, hugh, myself and NEVER cormac (i don't like the thought of him and power) could all be the mods and since it is only for us lot it wouldn't really make much of a difference. The only thing would be to stop ian deleting my posts.

hehe... only reason i want to be a mod is the stars you get... i like stars...

<damn badsirs losing me my post count and hence a star...>

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Way I see it is mark organised it so let him be mod...

yup :)

Cause it's a private board mark, colm, neil, ian, hugh, myself and NEVER cormac (i don't like the thought of him and power) could all be the mods and since it is only for us lot it wouldn't really make much of a difference. The only thing would be to stop ian deleting my posts.
    As much as I would love to give everyone mod-ships it would v.quickly descend into crazy anarchy :rolleyes:

hehe... only reason i want to be a mod is the stars you get... i like stars...

<damn badsirs losing me my post count and hence a star...>

pretty little stars :)

Originally posted by sisob

it would v.quickly descend into crazy anarchy :rolleyes:

And yet you make it sound like a bad thing?

Originally posted by lordsippa

And yet you make it sound like a bad thing?

hmm, 5 ppl with the ability to delete other ppl's posts having an arguement -that would be interesting :)

i'd be mostly worried about following arguments:

neil vs. cormac

AND

ian vs. me <although we for the most part would keep the others post as evidence and constantly refer to typos etc as argument points>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Done.

• Advertisement

everyone who posted here (cept dustaz) ,and and also cormac have been given access to the board.

You can get to it via private , beside Classifiedes at the top of your screen :)

c u in there

Hmmm... lets see, i'm trying to get my own puter, that no one else can use... and i want to go Linux, will you help me Mark? :P

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Funky Dig! Fat men in skirts! (Aw-haw!)

I have no idea where that came from, but it was something that was said primarily in my CTYI class in 99. Maybe Mark can shed some light on it..?

A

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Originally posted by Asuka
    Funky Dig! Fat men in skirts! (Aw-haw!)

I have no idea where that came from, but it was something that was said primarily in my CTYI class in 99. Maybe Mark can shed some light on it..?

A

Hmm, as far as i remember that was origanally one of Marcus' (cambells) ramblings, alas, the saying stuck from there and eventually blended itself with classic ctyi culture, or at least thats what i say therefore it must be true...

mark was one of the few in a skirt... but he's not fat :P

<< Fio >>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Nah, Marcus was practically normal when I knew him in 99, and the saying defnitely stemmed from earlier than that... im thinking from the Thom, Philly and Eman group, if not earlier than that.

A

yeah - marcus probably picked it up from some of the elders

anyway admin isn't the place for reminiscing :)
    Hmmm... lets see, i'm trying to get my own puter, that no one else can use... and i want to go Linux, will you help me Mark? :P

corse- we will talk about it on funky dig :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

am i to late to ask for mod :P

Advertisement