Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esat (no)limits

• 05-05-2001 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

if any of you chaps are really pi$$ed of with what is happening with the esat situation and would like to voice a real opinion, i have a friend in the irish times who is editor of the technology section. now im aware that i have already posted this up somewhere else but i cant find it smile.gif
    also, if anyone wants to complain about the situatin eircom and the odtc and actually has some original input and facts etc hed also be interested to know.
    now, would you like to be the one who brought these companies down with a colum starting 'in an interview with (insert muppets name here smile.gif)'
    mail me with what ye think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

theres afew guys at iiu that came up with some interesting arguments.
    as for here, the best one ive read was from logic, very well thought out and to the point.
    so good luck, dont forget to give them hell over the difference between what the press was told and what we were, and that the 2000 user disconnect can be right when so so many have complained about being cut off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I have heard rumours that the actual number of people kicked from the service is a lot higher... closer to 1 third of their users.

i think one third is more like it, i mean 10% no way, not with the amount of users here being cut off. and 10% would mean that 90% of there users arent coasting them money.
    (since 75 hours a month just happens to be the same amount of time they get off eircom for 20)
    that means esat nolimits is making a profit, that means im going to ring the tax office and tell them esats tax returns are ****ed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭o_donnel_abu

There's a lot of discussion on ie.comp including a bunch of people trying to get some positive action going. Anyone here interested in this topic should have a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm pi$$ed off about the whole thing, but more than anything else, if it's a case that we lose our e-mail addresses aswell I'll be mightily pi$$ed off with the fe|<ers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Digital Tilmitt

I hate eircom, they have a Monopoly and should be stopped.

Booyaka

and here i was think a monopoly was a good thing smile.gif
    anywho , yea we all hate eircom, name one person that doesnt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and so do any of you have anythong interesting to say about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

What's 'interesting'. Read any of the million other threads here, ie.comp or on IIU mailing lists and you'll get the full background.

well some people think i should shut the **** up about esat, so white man you will have to go look deep within your inner being to find the light to guide

• Advertisement

im looking for someone or some people who have something to say about it, can back up what they are saying with facts and not just hearsay and random chinese whispers.
    so joe22, i have no problem giving my friend your name and number and letting you talk to him. would you like it or would you like to just stop spamming?

well WhiteWashMan if you thing the thought off talking to a guy from the irish times is going to put me in my place, think again, ive been in and out of there loads of times,
    PS its a total kip

as for getting the points accross, theres many many more people here and at the LLU that could do it much better then i can

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe22:
    well WhiteWashMan if you thing the thought off talking to a guy from the irish times is going to put me in my place, think again, ive been in and out of there loads of times,
    PS its a total kip

as for getting the points accross, theres many many more people here and at the LLU that could do it much better then i can
    </font>

what are you talking about?
    i asked if you were willing to do it. you spouted out some crap, and i asked again if youd be willing to put your point across with facts and you tell me that im trying to put you in your place?
    come back to me when youve learned to sharpen a pencil and write sentences with proper words and syntax that makes sense.
    i am offering someone or someones a chance to air their views to one of the largest newspapers in the country. if you feel threatened or inadiquate, as your post makes you out to feel, then that buddy, is your problem.
    i mean seriously, you really like your self dont you. maybe bubbles is right for a change...
    anyway, you are mearly a digression. would anyone else like to step forward. i dont care wither way. im helping a)my friend get a story and b)helping the gamers to put forward an unbiased viewpoint. well, unbiased inthe direction of the esat anyway.
    joe22, sit down and shut up...

Advertisement