Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom takes LEGAL ACTION against ODTR!!!

• 05-05-2001 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

FFS!!!! Well that's ADSL off the agenda for at least another 6 months.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">From: http://www.unison.ie/irish_independent/stories.php3?ti=41&ca=35&si=429231&issue_id=4440

"THE unbundling of the local loop saga took another turn yesterday as
    Eircom issued legal proceedings against the Office of the Director of
    Telecommunications Regulation (ODTR) over the pricing the body set for unbundling the local loop.

In a statement, Pat Galvin, Eircom's director regulatory affairs said:
    "Eircom cannot accept these interim prices or the method by which they have been arrived at.

"We have supplied the ODTR with numerous costing models since August 2000, and we cannot understand why a definite price cannot be set now." Earlier in the week, the ODTR lashed out at Eircom for delaying the unbundling process, and set interim prices for monthly local loop charges and a connection fee."

</font>

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

A$$holes mad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Its up to us if we want better net access.
    ODTR has done nothing, so what could we do....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

This is getting more ridiculous by the day...fu*k Eircom, shower of useless *******s. It took them 3 months to put a phone in our (DNC) branch over the Bleeding Horse Pub.

www.doesnotcompute.ie
    www.gamire.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

i said this was coming all week, Moriarty
    i said this would happen you didnt believe me. but eircom will loose, i only fear that it doesnt set back llu to far,
    my revised perdiction for flate rate 24/7 interent is october/november

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's always worthwhile to put these news sources into perspective.

Unison, owned by Independent News & Media, owned by Tony "Bean Baron" O'Reilly, bidding for Eircom.

Not to discredit this story, but it's jsut hard to find Irish articles that have pure motives and objectivity.

Rob.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">"There are Britney people and non-Britney people." - Britney Spears
    </font>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Robbo:
    It's always worthwhile to put these news sources into perspective.

Unison, owned by Independent News & Media, owned by Tony "Bean Baron" O'Reilly, bidding for Eircom.

Not to discredit this story, but it's jsut hard to find Irish articles that have pure motives and objectivity.

</font>

Erm- its not particularly opinionated- it says they are taking the ODTR to court, and it gives a direct quote from Pat Galvin.

It's still BAD NEWS.

Bard

its a delay static, i think the odtr should block the sale of eircom and eircell untill IIU is settled

IIU? You mean LLU (local loop unbundling) surely! (?)

Bard

you know thats the secound time ive done that today, didnt get much sleep last night after my grahpics card blue up

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joe22:
    you know thats the secound time ive done that today, didnt get much sleep last night after my grahpics card blue up</font>

yup- I know! I'm the one who pointed it out to you on the IIU mailing list. tongue.gif

Bard

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 05-05-2001).]

• Advertisement

we will see a odtr reaction on tuesday,
    ntohing done this week, talks next week.
    hole thing settled by july, eircom is going to come to a fair agreement. odtr says £11 eircom says £35 the new llu price will be set at £46 with a 10% kick back to the the goverment.
    god i love Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

You have to feel sorry for the people that work in the ODTR having to wake up every morning and going into work knowing that you have no power what so ever seems to me a pointless thankless job.As for eircom come on now lads who didnt see this one coming.Im more curious to see what there next stroke will be.

Stone biggrin.gif

well let's have a think about it,
    hmm they cant win the legal case.
    but they can challenge every single thing the odtr does.
    i bet you a tenner that the next thing eircom will do is challenge its statues as a monoploly. and that will take at least a year to sort out

[This message has been edited by Joe22 (edited 07-05-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

Next stroke, more than likely an appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Kaidos

eircom = fvcking idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kaidos:
    eircom = fvcking idiots</font>

Quite true and the idiots are still paying them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

heh, hobbes, um, the idiots (us) who are paying the idiots (eircom) actually have no choice in the matter.... in case you hadn't noticed, that's what this whole topic is about wink.gif

Advertisement