Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom : "Hahaah we r sux0r @ advertising, mousies r0x0r!"

Options
  • 13-04-2002 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I was just thinking about what was going on there about the post I made on Flat-rate..

Eircom say that Ireland has no interest ion this service, but they took this information from the drizzling amount of people that used IOL No Limits.

Question: Did anyone actually hear/see/sniff/touch/taste an advertisement* about No Limits when it was available ?

Did Eircom advertise their original Flat-rate plan ? - For better of my own information I would have to say NO. Advertisement* is they key to spreading the word about a service, yet Eircom never published a Poll, or public advertisement* about the service they originally offered?

So where the **** did they get the idea that Ireland doesn't WANT the service if they've never been told about it.

Pay your bills online, while we run up yours ;)

Eircom : "Hahaah we r sux0r @ advertising, mousies r0x0r!"

* - Major Advertisement: TV, Radio, Large Billboards.
    * - Excludes: The size 8 font on the back of Eircom/Esat Internet connection discs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

umm, what original service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

In our first meeting with Eircom they did tell us they were readying a flat rate launch around the time that Esat were getting No-Limits ready, but scrapped it when Esat released theirs.

Convenient ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by Arboration
    Question: Did anyone actually hear/see/sniff/touch/taste an advertisement* about No Limits when it was available ?

Yes,
    Do you not remember the guy on the surf board-

I reckon they ran that ad in the print media for about 2 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Actually, thinking about it... I remember that also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

I only saw it on the back of one of the free CD's yet 20k people subscribed, I'd be pretty damn sure more than 20k people would get adsl if it had a price like €25 or evn €50, if those 20k people got it at €50 that's €1mil extra revenue for eircom, I'd bet more than 100k would take it up at about €35. I note eircom seem to be making profit on modems as well from what I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

i also remember the ad on the telly
    it was about a father who comes home work and finds out in about 5 mins that his wife is preggers, the son has been expelled form school and his daughter is going out with some scumbag - at lease he as no more suprises when he gets his internet bill for £20

quite funny

dosent anyone else remember it ??

btw im sure im wrong on the details of the ad but that was the general idea

Advertisement