Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Macc Lads

Options
  • 13-04-2002 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Anyone heard of them ?

F**king gas they are

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Oooh yes. Never been enough of a fan to buy any of their records, but I must confess to having laughed til I cried listening to their records, despite being an ardent feminist.

For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, imagine if Half Man Half Biscuit, the Sultans of Ping or indeed the Monty Python team were foul-mouthed sexist pigs from the north of England. Or indeed, imagine if Sid the Sexist from Viz started a band with his mates from down't pub.

If you like the Macc Ladds (sp?) check out Ivor Biggun. I've only heard one song - "The Winker Song (Misspelt)" - but it's the funniest thing I've heard in years. It's a very accurate impression of George Formby singing about masturbation. Bren on Xfm will play it for you if you ask him nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭KyUss

Glad to see that someone knows of them
    They are some of the funniest geezers I ve ever heard ... Thick Northern English accents mixed with slapstick rock and punk riffing and beer soaked sexist humour -

Always reminds me of Sid the Sexist from Viz magazine except with music ... and they can actually write good tunes too in a way.

I ordered the 3 CD pack from dmgdirect.com for only 13.99 IRP ... theres over 60 tracks on in total ...

There are some classics on them that are sure to draw giggles from even the most ardent feminists. Its just for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

classic stuff they are ....

are they doing new stuff at the moment ... must see if i can find these on mp3 .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭KyUss

Hey Pablo

I suggest buying the 3 CD pack ... the boys at dmgdirect.com can get it for you fast .. I got mine as I said for about 13.99 irish which was great.
    If you want i could burn a couple of tracks for you - send me a mail .

They are still gigging locally in the North of England ...
    Happened to be on to a company in Maccalsfield a couple of months ago and the chap on the line said he knew the band personally - they still hang out in the same bars and play the same "ole shoite"

Tis great musak to leave on the cd player and titter away to while banging on the keyboard in chat / boards - esp . with a few cans of beer and a cuban or two ..!

Advertisement