Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Drummer ever ????

Options
  • 13-04-2002 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

John Bonham ??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

Keith Moon or John Squire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭KyUss

Ha ... you just answerwed me query on the best guitarist post ther I think ..

wasnt Stone Roses guitarists name John Squire ????

Anyhows - agreed = Keith Moon rocked.

BTW _ anyone know who the guy that drummed on the Godzilla track by Puff Daddy / Jimmy Page Kashmir rip ... he rocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

for that unbeatable GROOVENESS, its Phil Rudd

for a human drum machine, pick Chrise Slade. i duno how he moves those hands so fast !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Maybe I should just write a list for every time one of the threads come up?

Jan Axel Von Blomberg.
    Best drummer, living or dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭francie brady

Buddy rich

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

Dave Ghrol when he was with Nirvana and Lars Ulrich- :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Keith Moon...proberly...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

Nick Mason, especially during the seventies and in particular his drumming on the Pink Floyd - Live at Pompeii video.

Failing that, Ride's Loz Colbert was good. Kyuss's Brant Bjork was awesome, The Cult's Mark Brzezicki was savage in his day (before he died anyway) and Lars Ulrich couldn't drum his way out of a paper bag. The c unt should be hung up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Animal from the Muppets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Brautigan
    and Lars Ulrich couldn't drum his way out of a paper bag. The c unt should be hung up...

You don't really know alot about drumming do you?
    Lars Ulrich was a great drummer, he can't hack it anymore though.
    Dave Abruzzesse
    Buddy Rich
    Phil Collins
    All great drummers... IMO :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Not forgetting Adrian Belew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stable music

Not forgetting the great Bill Ward of Black Sabbath.

The man hit them like a caveman. Plus he lived through a couple of heart attacks, cocaine addiction, alcohol (well, brandy) addiction, living rough on the streets for a couple of years, ozzy's tempers, growing his fingernails, depression, schizophrenia and more and yet he still managed to make a comeback with the Sabbath when they reformed last year, or the year before, whenever it was. It's only a pity they're not doing Ozzfest this year...

Bill, we salute you!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Topper Headon.
    There can only be one. The term "human drum machine" was invented for the great man.
    And while we're at it, Reni of the Stone Roses was under-rated, a supremely talented musician who played drums frm a very young age ni his parents' pub. And John Squire was indeed the Roses' guitarist, and one of the best of his generation. Whoever said he was a drummer needs to educate themselves.

Originally posted by beaver
    Not forgetting Adrian Belew

I never heard of Adrian Belew been a drummer. He's a guitarist in my books

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭poobags

What about dude from Gomez. Great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

jim white (not *that* jim white, the other one from Dirty Three)

Originally posted by dccarm
      Keith Moon or John Squire

Keith Moon = the whos drummer
      John Squire = The Sone Roses Guitarist

I'm shocked to discover most of you jackasses don't have a fcuking clue when it comes to their favorite bands. Dickheads the lot of you.

Take it wasy Francie... we don't want you killing anyone and hiding their heads in the turnips now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

I never heard of Adrian Belew been a drummer. He's a guitarist in my books

Gah, you're right, of course. I can't remember who it is I'm thinking of... will post if I do though.

Are you thinking of Ansley Dunbar. He pulled drums with Zappa and Bowie. And he is indeed a excellent drummer, Zappa wouldn't have anything else.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Trym, Hellhammer, Fenriz, Gene Holgan, Dave Lombardo, Adrian Erlansson, Nick Barker, Pete Sandoval...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

John Bonham surely wins this argument. Proof needed? Check out "Bonzo's Montreaux" or "Moby Dick" Both classics. John Bonham?...best drummer ever?...I'd kinda like to think so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

Flo Mounier
      he is a GOD on the drums(from cryptopsy)
      there is not better
      and human drum machine is the drummer from Nile.

This may sound utterly out of place seeing as how music has, er, moved on in the last few decades but (cough!) Status Quo's original drummer John Coughlan was a damn good hit-man. That is before The Quo turned into a mindless parody of themselves - After the Quo Live (at the Apollo, Glasgow) 77 album I recall, around the time they decided to record "Rockin All Over The World"...

Slayer's Dave Lombardo gets my vote now that I'm feeling guilty for recalling the pre-77 halcyon days of the Coughlan/Lancaster/Parfitt/Rossi Quo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭trent_derby

It has to b jimmy chamberlin of the pumkins, technical and fast. maybe slayers drummer but who knows?????

how long is a piece of string????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

The guy from the Jimi Hendrix Experience was brilliant. himself and complmented each other perfectly, dunno the guys name though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by alb
      The guy from the Jimi Hendrix Experience was brilliant. himself and complmented each other perfectly, dunno the guys name though

Mitch Mitchell. Yeah he was deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by NeRb666
      Trym, Hellhammer, Fenriz, Gene Holgan, Dave Lombardo, Adrian Erlansson, Nick Barker, Pete Sandoval...

Ah, but you're missing out Richard Christy.
      His work with Iced Earth??? Classic.

And what about Pete Hammoura?

Edit: And HORGH!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

In percussion terms I'd have to go with Airto (Brazilian Jazz Guru type character).

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

of course we are forgetting Danny Carey!

Advertisement