Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IO Featured In Sunday Tribune- 14/04/02

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Getting a 404 on the mirror, 80p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I presume the first one is working for everyone-

Its also located here....
    http://www.boards.ie/members/80project/02-04-14-Sunday-Tribune-Mcgee-.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Arboration

THis is all Eircon's fualt, right ?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I also think that the ODTR doesn't have enough enforcing powers to speed things up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I read the article and it said everything we would expect but where was it, in the main news section or even on the front page of the Business section, no. Buried well inside and no doubt not even read by many business section readers. The issues are geting coverage but in all the "wrong" places unfortunatly.

BTW I'm not having a pop at anyone at IO, rather the dozy tossers in the mainstream media.

MIke.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

THis is all Eircon's fualt, right ?

Wrong. Eircom had a lage part to play in it, but the blame lies across the shoulders of nearly everyone in the process: the Government for not giving the ODTR the powers it needed to control the marketplace; the ODTR and the Competition Authority for not tackling competition harder; the OLO's for running their businesses badly.

I also think that the ODTR doesn't have enough enforcing powers to speed things up a bit.

It's unfortunate that Matthew didn't pick up on one of Dave's comments in his response, which is that the ODTR - and the Government - is being reactive to the marketplace, and not proactive. The ODTR and the Government should have been gunning for competition, they should have been battling to force it on the marketplace, by hook or by crook. Even more so when Eircom was privatised.

There is an atmosphere of apathy within the ODTR when it comes to their remit. They are depressed at their lack of power, but they're not fighting hard enough to get it changed. Where are the /honest/ press releases, expressing it's disappointment with it's inability to promote competition in the marketplace? Where was the press release when the clauses it wanted in the Comms Bill were removed?

I believe that this apathy comes from the top down, because of Etain Doyle's hand-off attitude. It's illogical, it won't work. Eircom have to be stamped on.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Gerry

Also in the same paper, a "commercial feature" ad from eircom. Gut wrenching stuff.

Advertisement