Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics Cards Advice Sought

• 08-05-2001 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

Howiya!

I have got rid of my Wintv card after it proved completely useless at capturing video (although was ok for watching tv). I have a 32mb Gforce and so really only want it for tv in / out (vidcapping) and maybe some VCR functionality. Can anyone recommend a card that will happily co-exist with my Nvidia (my machine is p3 600 with 128 meg)

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

Guillemot Cougar Video Edition PCI
    its a tnt 2 with alot of extras
    Connections for TV, Video, Camcorder
    DVD acceleration + TV out

it think this is what your after.
    sorry cant help more

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I might be intrested in that too
    know a price range?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

thanks mate, I will let you know how I get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

cheapest irish place i saw it was at £200
    abite pricey but for all that its pretty good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but if you're looking at ~200 mark I'd advise selling your Geforce and using the extra cash to get a Radeon 32mb All-in-Wonder. Mpeg2-640x480 realtime motion capture and it's faster/more feature rich for games than a Geforce-1. I think they're around 220 stlg.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Gunn4r

heh Creed, you must be psychic , that occurred to me this morning on the way to work ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Since the wintv wasn't good enough, I'd go for the ati all in wonder. They are a great card, with high quality capture and output as creed has said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Sometimes I even marvel me.... biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by _CreeD_:
    Sometimes I even marvel me.... biggrin.gif</font>

which not bad for a little blue smurf smile.gif

Advertisement