Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Female Rock Bands?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭AtlantaSuburb

Originally posted by rapture_queen

There should be more girl bands out there and Atlanta i would join your band but im **** at guitar!

bass? drums? keys? anything? feel free...

:-)

AtlantaSuburb:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Originally posted by rapture_queen
    :D
    But i dont think girls are less nerdy then male people cause i know a few nerdy girls. But it's true they dont really collect stuff from a tender age.:rolleyes:

Ha! Tell that to my ma who's currently minding my record collection - every time I go back to Ireland I bring another (darn heavy) bag back with me, but still the collection in my mum's doesn't seem to shrink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

I didnt mean to be general and sterotypical and i know girls do

collect stuff like records and other thingsbut i find that guys are

more prone to collecting stuff from an early age. i wish I had a great big record collection!

:(

Hey Atlanta i cant play anything else but i can sing.............I dont think we would make it far without any instruments........but dont give up:) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

i always wanted a larger music collection but money limits my progress god bless the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Well although there was only one female in the band, Skunk Anansie were bloody fantastic. It's not fair to say that Skin was the one and only star attraction 'cos all four members were hugely talented but Skin stood out with THAT voice and her lyrics were unbelievable. Unfortunately they broke up last year....I'm slowly getting over them!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭LA_girl

AZURE RAY are excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Pearl

Dover, who I've been playing on my show for a few weeks now (and I've heard Jenny play them on The Waiting Room). They're from a working class suburb of Madrid and were formed by the two sisters. One sings, one plays guitar, and there are two blokes.

For more information, http://www.dovercametome.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭pixe

Hey Atlanta....

I used to be in Presence as Thomas said (i swear I did'nt use him as a ginea pig....but being honest, he's not the only geeky one I've met.)

I'm not really looking for a band, but I never say never...(basically if it seems like it could work why not give it a shot)

I was lead singer, and I play piano and I can baddly (i stress baddly) play a tune or two on the guitar.

My e-mail is pixe81@hotmail.com

:rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭freakofnature

all ypu female rock music deprived ppl, just wait until i can play the guitar WELL. on the subject of of girls vs boys obsessive music fans, i've had a bit of an obsession with rock music since i was bout 11. really, i compiled long lists of my favourite riffs, gay vocalists, the worst closing trakcs from albums. it was a bit like yer man from high fidelty, only i was female and 11.

oh yeah dover ROCK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sugarteeth

Hole, Sahara hot nights, veruca salt... are my favourite three. I only really like girl stuff. How can ppl like listening to men sing? (unless it's Briany-from placebo)....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

It's funny ghow girls always seem to like the gay ones.:)

But yes I agree. Women generally do have better voices. I would prefer a female singer in my band.

Advertisement