Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what Happened to "Clubi.ie"

• 08-05-2001 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

what Happened to "Clubi.ie" the olde club internet. who the **** was it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

what happened to it? it got bought out.
    www.clubi.ie seems to be www.vianetworks.ie now.

as for the "who the **** was it?" question.. ive no idea who your refering to...
    who were club internet or who bought them out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

weren't Club Internet a bunch of students fresh out of college who decided "Hey ! Lets make an Internet company ! - seems to be where the money's at and most of the ones around at the moment are sh|t! " ... and... they did.

What a nice story... of course, nowt much has changed... most of them are still pretty woeful.

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

was one of the first ISPs in Ireland as well wasn't it? In before Indigo and Telecom Internet... I'd have to go root out that first issue of PC Live! to verify that though, and thats just something thats not going to happen, until I get really nostalgic smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Well, I am still a proud member of Club Internet! Officially they no longer exist, but VIA kept the remaining subscribers on. The yearly fee has gone up to £120 from £99 but the service is good and I get good pings for CS which is nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭zeemoud

yeah remember it was out when TInet (telecom Ireland Net(eircon net))was out caus it was boasting it was the only independent service (i routed out a ye olde copy of pclive) they got back cover!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

how many member's have they got?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

they used to give unlimited webspace to members i think, one of the few things I remember about them smile.gif

Advertisement