Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIN 98se shut down prob

• 14-04-2002 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Its a very small matter but for some reason Windows won't shut down without me hitting the enter key first. It is closing properly from a "file tidying" point of view, ie no scan disk on start-up.

Any ideas?

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

click here maybe

Maybe uve had a look at the MS Knowledge Base..theres quite a few problies with shut down issues in Windows 98/98SE

:) hope it works out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

I remember having a shutdown problem with 98SE before, but it was resolved by simply disabling my shutdown sound. Apparetly if you use windows themes and sounds etc, a corrupt multimedia type file, can cause windows to hang, when it attemps to load it.

Just a suggestion, but the fact that you have to press [enter], could mean that there is something loaded in the background, causing a conflict when windows is trying to perform a tidy up before shutdown.

HTH ;)

;-phobos-)

Advertisement