Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spell Check?

• 14-04-2002 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

wouldnt it be great if there was a spell check on our message thingy?

again, ill leave it to the gods to decide?
      Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

has been mentioned before. there used to be a spellchecker, that used a free service from a website, but as soon as the site started charging, it was not possible to keep it going :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

As mentioned here and here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

If you dont have faith in your spelling abilities.. cut and paste into word or outlook, spellcheck it then cut and paste back into boards! Problem solved and only adds a few seconds to your post (Depending on how many mistakes of course!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following Microsoft Office 95 and Office 97 programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling command is not available.

So Outlook says... It proberly checks with Amercian
      spelling in mind anyway. Note use of "programs"

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

"Programs" would be correct in European English for computer applications, though "programme" would be retained here for television, printed manuals, and so on. Word allows you to choose US or UK spelling, though I personally find neither correct as I (as you would guess) follow Oxford orthographic recommendations. Hence I write "colour, centre, colonize".

About the spellchecker. Gods know these boards suffer from an astonishing lack of concern for written English. One wonders what they do teach in Irish schools.

• Advertisement
    • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 freemasons

yeah, i agree. a sprell check is really needed round hear.

i heard about some new google programing thing. could it be possiblle to enclude the spell from their?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Yoda wept.

Advertisement