Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a little help here...

Options
  • 14-04-2002 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

does anyone know any music schools/centres or some place like one that gives bass lessions?? i want to get some this summer but cant find any teachers besides the ones who advertise in the local rag and want to come to your house etc. i just want a bass teacher with some kind of rep. and experience, i'm a beginner/improver. and when i got guitar lessons it was classic/spanish stuff which is cool and all but not what i wanted. to summerise - an experienced bass teacher working out of a reputable establishment in the south dublin area, i cant find this. help.:confused:

cheers

ferdi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭crow

give Sir Tom Brunkard Lord of all things RAWK a shout, he might teach bass (i know he teaches guitar), and if not he could probably/definetly put you in contact with someone from the Parnell School of Music who could help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

buddy of mine plays bass. she had a teacher a few years back but quickly got as good as he was and outgrew him if you like. He didn't have a lot to teach if you get me. Then she went to someone else who I know had a history, ie. playing in bands round the place, but don't know who he was. I'm gonna ask her for you is what I'm saying. .

That's if I remember. It's a long time between now and the time I see her. huhhuh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭pixe

Thomas is really good! :D
    He teaches both Guitar and bass, and has got super results! He teaches everything from playing the intrument to how to get the best tones and tunes out of it, and teaches you about stuff like amps and shows you how to come up with most creative bass lines. It's not just learning how to play but everything that goes along with playing the bass as well. (and he's cheap too!);)

You can Catch him on 085 718 9920

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

plus my students all get a discount card for Instrumental music shop on Bachelors Walk!

Advertisement