Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GG Eircom

• 05-05-2001 1:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Was talking to a mate today who was telling me about the new Man Utd jerseys (away and third kit) but they are the same jersey you just turn them inside out. So I came home and went to manutd.com to have a look. Then I see this advertisement for Eircom Hi-Speed. Like i mean wtf are they at. First of all it'd cost a fair bit to get a sponsorship thing on that site. Secondly its a UK football club's site and in fairness not many people are going to visit that site that come from Ireland and those that do will probably be 85% kids who couldn't afford hi-speed anyway. What a pile of money wasting lamers. I mean I have no degree in advertising etc but its basic common sense. In fact i reckon they could make more sales from a site like boards.ie than they could from manutd.com cause at least 95% of the traffic to this site will be Irish.

NightStrike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Web banners these days are targetted at specific visitors... e.g. if you have a .ie domain you are more likely to be shown banners relating to Irish companies.

I'd assume that manutd.com use a banner service that takes advantage of this.

Since the Eircom banner is only going to be shown to Irish visitors it makes sense then to put it up on a site as busy as manutd.com even if it is a waste of money smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

whenever i visit The Register I am greeted by smelly eircom hi-speed banners.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Well I asked a guy from the UK and he got the same banner frown.gif

NightStrike

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Nice to see a topic in this forum thats actually posted in 2001.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

i am incredibly interested in quake and not abit interested in man utd./eircom. your ignorance has annnoyed and wasted my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

well i am interested only in coffee makers and crochet! you have ALL wasted my life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

OMG.

Can someone please explain to me why bubbles does not use that avatar? It's like someone took his picture...

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

lol!!!!!!!

perhaps bubble's will offer an explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trojan:
    OMG.

Can someone please explain to me why bubbles does not use that avatar? It's like someone took his picture...

Al.
    </font>

Hmm so by your logic Trojan your a small dog with glasses smile.gif

I wonder does that Dog bid a ****load of wads for a bottle of whiskey (I'll never ever forget the look on your face when you realised what you had done at that auction, priceless !!!!)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Maybe an ugly bulldog would suit me better alright Ganders....

****in 750 squids - what was I thinkin?!?!

I think it was Rob that was the most shocked though, Slosh was just chillin with his cigar smile.gif

Alo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement