Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Console

Options
  • 14-04-2002 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

Do ye still have yer first console.

I still got my Atari 2600

Do ye still have yer first console 29 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 29 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

No, but I wish I did. Good old NES, so many memories, so much fun.
    *sniff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Nope Atari 2600 wish i did but ,
    I was poor and had to sell to get the next one out .
    Thank god for emulators.
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Still have it, doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Dunno if its a console, but the ORIC, got it in 1983, when i wasn't even 1, it wasn't mine exactly but we all used it. Still have it. No games, you had to write em in basic. First proper console was a atari 2600, which i sold

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Still got my NES, still works (have to give it a few whacks first mind)

• Advertisement

Shamefully i dont still have my NES :( My little sister got a hammer to it and well the rest is history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by Jabba
    Shamefully i dont still have my NES :( My little sister got a hammer to it and well the rest is history.

Lol, so was the NES i bet :)

Mine was the atari 2600 back in the day when games were cheap and everyone was poor. Still have it, and my atari 65XE. Sold the megadrive tho :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

i sold my ol' master system to my cousin..i still have some of the games..and the lil controller hehe..remember those? the tiny rectangular one with 2 buttons :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Still have my NES and about 20 games, you have to press the game up and down loads of times inside it before it'll work now though.

I can't see me ever taking it out of it's box in the attic tbh, there are newer and better games out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

i'm starting to feel a little bit old :(

some of you said your first console was the Master System or the NES... mine was a C64..... games were sooooo cheap could buy games for under £10...... pity about the loading times..... still have it.... up in attic gathering dust... dont even know if it works still... i have owned a console from every generation including handhelds....

:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I always keep my consoles in a few years thy'll be worth loads but i still won't sell them. I got my C64 and mega drive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

threw out my atari2600 when it stopped working.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

yep still have me aul NES

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Yup I still have my sega megadrive 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Console: Megadrive1 for IR£50 in Smyths a few years ago,
    but have an Amiga 600 from waaay before then.
    Still ahve both of em, still in excellent condition (Amiga has been opened a bit more though, looking t mod it soon :))

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    I always keep my consoles in a few years thy'll be worth loads but i still won't sell them. I got my C64 and mega drive

Are you sure they'll be worth money? I'd be something like a Mega Drive purely for sentimental value, games like Road Rash, Sensible Soccer, Fifa International *sigh* those were real games. Not these **** 3D games like Jedi Knight or Wolfenstein...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

still have my sega master system. i have the power supply the pads and the games. all im missing is the rf cable to hook her up to the tv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

bring back the sega master system controller i say :p now that was precision :) classy too :p

Mills if ur not using the NES I'll take it off ur hands. €10 for the lot? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

No you won't, I'll keep it until it gains antique status and rises in value or I run out of room and throw it out :).

Besides, I don't get out of bed for any less than €25, nevermind the NES, it's not worth my while meeting someone for €10 :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Ruu
    bring back the sega master system controller i say :p now that was precision :) classy too :p

what????? the xbox controller feels good compared to that abomination. maybe the word ergonomics hadn't appeared in japanese dictonaries by 1985

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

jez guys I still have my dragon 32 still in its box....does anyone have a cdtv they want to sell???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Still have that old wooden atari pong box in the attic...must take it out some day and see if it's working. Can't remember the name of the damn thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Originally posted by Kyro
    Still have that old wooden atari pong box in the attic...must take it out some day and see if it's working. Can't remember the name of the damn thing.

pong by any chance :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by Keeks

pong by any chance :p

hehe, no...the games were all different sports games which were variations of pong. I'm just wondering what Atari called the unit itself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

what????? the xbox controller feels good compared to that abomination. maybe the word ergonomics hadn't appeared in japanese dictonaries by 1985
    [\QUOTE]

this is away from the topic.... but anyone try to use the xbox controller.... ha ha ha its a joke... microsoft must have spent 5mins developing it :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The only controllers that come close to the badness of the xbox controller are the jaguar and snes controllers. The jaguar had too many buttons and the snes one gave me blisters the shape of arrows on my fingers from the d-pad. Oh the days before 3d. thinking about them makes me want to beat axelay again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The snes joypad was good. It beat the megadrive one hands down. That one cut your fingers playing street fighter.
    I used to have one of them atari boxes. You had a select button. I seem to remember 32 being the ice hockey game.
    Hmm my oric could be worth something. It was out before all of the consoles mentioned above. I never really thought about it though. I still have the original manual, which is good, considering i think thats worth something on its own. It was one of the original basic code books. Written in 1981

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Mills
    No you won't, I'll keep it until it gains antique status and rises in value or I run out of room and throw it out :).

Besides, I don't get out of bed for any less than €25, nevermind the NES, it's not worth my while meeting someone for €10 :).

You scabby fecker :) I'd be doing you a favour and €10 is enough for something that doesnt even work properly!

Advertisement