Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem burning Audio CD's with Nero...

• 14-04-2002 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Whenever I try to burn it using the Burn Audio CD option in Nero, it starts burning ("Caching of files" etc) and then just pauses. The computer is still responsive and I cancel the burn but the green LED on the burner keeps flashing so I cant eject it or reboot. End up just unplugging ;\ Anyway, the cd-r is still blank when I check it.

I'm using a crappy Celeron333 with 256mb SDRAM, LG CD-RW, WinXP. Have I got the wrong ASPI thingers? Processor too slow?

Tants...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

try downloading the latest aspi drivers at roxio.com i think...what version of Nero is it? i have 5.5.1..or had..it worked ok..was for XP when i had it..u should be ok burning with that machine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

What exactly are you doing? Making an audio cd out of wav/mp3 or ripped audio tracks? If it's the former then it's probably doing what it's saying it's doing, that is, caching the files and converting them into digital audio format and it's taking it's time cause your machine is slow. How long did you leave it before you gave up? Try just burning 1 wav/mp3 file and waste a CDR to see if it works?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

XP doesn't have an ASPI layer. Though you can force an install of the NT versions (Just search for FORCEASPI), Nero doesn't need it.

As for the problem at hand, when did it start happening, what changed?
    Could be an overloaded temp folder, corrupt HDD etc. try switching to the IMAGE BURNER and seeing if it can create an image properly from a CD (It will burn one large NRG file to your hdd). If that doesnt work try creating an image of files from your HDD.
    If it works from the HDD and not your CD then check your IDE controller drivers, they may need updating.
    Also upgrade to the latest version of Nero. It won't do you any harm.

Lost of stuff really to try, but may aswell start somewhere....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Nero can still burn Data CD's no problem, Images/ISO's too. I realised I had a copy of that Roxio Easy CD Creator lying around, installed that, updated it and it burnt the AudioCD. I was trying to burn the AudioCD from mp3's & WAV's with Nero, could be the converting I guess. When I got the Burner it was installed in a much faster machine, so maybe I should give it a chance.

Anyway Roxio burnt it ok, so I'm happy for now, thanks :]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

CD burning, along with networking, is one of the blackest arts of computing.
    Hard drive space might be an issue for you there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stinkah

Just to put your mind at rest pie, we had a burner machine a while back running on winxp with nero ( can't recall the version ) on a much lower spec ( p2 300, 64mb RAM ) than your box, but possibly a faster burner - 12x write :) and there was absolutely no problem burning mp3 or wavs to CDA to create an audio cd.....

Bottom line, if you can get it working on nero, use nero, and steer _well_ clear of easy cd creator IMO ;)

Regards,

Advertisement