Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nevada?

• 15-04-2002 11:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Wow, right now there are 2 people on line!
    Is this the Nevada Tele.com down again? We are having problems with them today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

dear god i nearly had a nervous breakdown, over an hour without boards!! AHHHHH

/*wipes sweat from brow*

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes, they lost an upstream provider so we had an outage.
    In fact, everyone in Nevada had an outage (not just us) so its not even a "Regi Says Oops" moment :^(((

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by azezil

/*wipes sweat from brow*

You really should try sticking rolo's to your forehead.

;)

Originally posted by Gordon

You really should stop sticking rolo's to your forehead.
    see i'm so distraught i can't think straight! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by DeVore
    ...so its not even a "Regi Says Oops" moment :^(((

DeV.

but it helps if theres someone to blame. :)

regisaysoops.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

In fact, everyone in Nevada had an outage
    Dev, dont Nevada have multiple routes out of thier building or even some sort of failover/no single point of failure?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Some of our internet was working and some wasn't. Boards was the only website that was working for me in fact.

Other specific sections were working though

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

UTV was in trouble this morning too. The only sites I could get to were boards.ie and u.tv. The UTV status page was showing a route out and 18 services under maintenance. :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Maybe boards.ie should move to a truely redundant ISP - one that actually has diverse routes and can promise 100% uptime?

Best regards,
    Stephen
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by steve-hosting36
    Maybe boards.ie should move to a truely redundant ISP - one that actually has diverse routes and can promise 100% uptime?

Best regards,
    Stephen

no offence, but surely you can live without boards for a whole hour?
    you think thats bad, i had no internet access all weekend.

now that was hell...

• Advertisement

>>
    no offence, but surely you can live without boards for a whole hour?
    <<

Impossible!!!!! Seriously though, in this day and age, 3 hours downtime in 2 weeks must be fairly bad for a large colo provider? N'est ce pas vrai?

Stephen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by steve-hosting36

Best regards,
    Stephen

Always getting the plug in there......;)

Although I agree, Nevada seem to have been having their share of problems recently. If boards.ie were a large corporation, that for some reason couldn't host their own website, it would have moved a long time ago.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Which ISP has 100% uptime pray tell?

Boards.ie has one of the best uptimes in living memory. We are almost never off the air as our logs show.
    The last two weeks have been unusual alright but I have to say Nevada were on the ball to fix it... I mean, 90 mins isnt exactly slow for a major upstream outage/routing problem.

Stephen, can you give me 2gb throughput a day for no extra charge. A 2mb line dedicated to my machine burstable to 10mb.
    and the hardware (dual 933, 1mb ram, 40gb HD.) for £220 a month?

If so I'm listening.

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    and the hardware (dual 933, 1mb ram, 40gb HD.) for £220 a month?
    what kind of magical ram are you using!! lol :p

Hi DeV,

Well, we have 100% Uptime, (and can prove it). We have a 100% network sla from our colo, which we pass on intact. Our upstream has 4 tier-1 providers, so upstream issues do not mean connectivity loss,

Our standard colo bundles 50Gb per month, and we would be happy to provide you with 60Gb for the same price.

We can provide a machine at those specs and with connectivity burstable to 10Mbps, with those transfer rates at € 279.95 (which matches the 220 punts you quoted) as a special to boards.ie :)

pm or email me if you want to chat, or call me,

Stephen

Oops,
    1Gb ram of course.

Personally, I'm not about to run out from Nevada for a brief outage as its muchos work for us, but you have an interesting offer there.

Who do you use for upstream? Who's colo floor space are you using?

DeV.

Hi DeV,

We're in Inflow (www.inflow.ie), they use cable from the likes of Cable and Wireless, KPN West, UUnet, Concert, afair, totally some 3.6Gbits, with 100% network and power uptime guarantees :) Lets me sleep soundly at night - let me know if you'd like a tour, we can even plan the migration and provide the new machine free gratis for a few weeks to allow you to synch the data :)

Best regards,
    Stephen

Advertisement