Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

News server?

• 10-05-2001 3:37pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 bbt

howdy,

you could try jus readin them off google?

r else try:
    news1.eircom.net
    DNA Internet have a feed, don't know if its public: news.dna.ie
    news.iol.ie
    news.indigo.ie

not sure if oceanfree have a news feed (no they don't, just checked a list i have here)

hth,

rgrds,
    bBt

You got to mess with people.
    --Utah Phillips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by padjo:
    Hmmm, dunno. Im using outlook express and am usin news.eircom.net and it works fine. Im usin indigo to dial up at the mo and can still access it. Wierd, dunno sorry!
    </font>

INDIGO = EIRCOM.NET

Indigo are no more.

Bard
    "We do know it was we who scorched the sky..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Does anyone know where I can get access to a news server for free so I can read user groups. I am on oceanfree at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 padjo

Yeah,

try news.eircom.net

smile.gif

I charge what I charge because you cant do what I do with a spare weekend and a copy of frontpage express - Web Developers motto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

the address doesn't work frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

news://news.iol.ie

info
    http://help.iolfree.ie/news/main.htm

[This message has been edited by MiCr0 (edited 10-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 padjo

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    the address doesn't work frown.gif</font>

Hmmm, dunno. Im using outlook express and am usin news.eircom.net and it works fine. Im usin indigo to dial up at the mo and can still access it. Wierd, dunno sorry!

Advertisement