Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movie playback probs

• 10-05-2001 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi all,

I'm getting some damned choppy video playback on my PC recently. The weird thing is that it only seems that in-game cinematics suffer from this problem. Even games such as resident evil 2(hardly a system hog) have really crappy, stuttering playback, and it used to work fine until recently.

I don't think that a hardware or software conflict is causing this, I'm pretty sure that one of my apps has changed the settings on one of my codecs or Windows Media Player. Does anyone out there know the WMP settings for optimum speed and performance? Alternatively, has anyone suffered a similar prob and discovered a fix for this?

Thanks,
    Griff66

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Joe22

i had something like this in winme, my memory was getting bugged down, try a memory scurber after start up.

Advertisement