Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diet

Options
  • 15-04-2002 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Im trying to shed a few pounds but i dont know much about diets, i was told to go with a low carbo high protein diet for a few weeks, im a vegetarian so steak and things are out of the question, no fish either, i drink milk and eat eggs and cheese but i think these are high in fat too. anybody got any ideas about a diet plan?

bomb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Do a search on the web for a thing called "the Hackers Diet". If you cant find it, let me know, and I'll find out where it is again...

Its pretty good by all accounts. Also comes with an exercise program with various steps of difficulty which is pretty good for basic health...

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Low carbo, high protein + veggie = Slimline Milk, Eggs, TVP.

Linda Mc Cartney Mince is good for the TVP.

Being a veggie, I assume you eat a shedload of pasta and cheese. Well, I'm afraid pasta is jammers with carbos and cheese is jammers with fat, so you'll have to cut down your intake of them. Vegetables can be very starchy (carbos) esp potatoes. Get your hands on some sort of guide with the nutritional info for whatever foods you eat, and try and build meals based on that. Unfortunately, special diets are made even harder by vegetarianism, but not impossible.

It just takes more willpower!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Well today for brekki i had scrambled eggs with toast, Scrambo was 3 egg whites and 1 yellow.
    Lunch was brown rice with roasted Mushrooms,peppers,stringbeans, spinach and corn
    and i have a protein shake here to suck on when i feel like a snack. also drinkin a couple of litres of water a day
    what do you think?

bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Start smoking!!
    Just kiddin :) Seriously I'd agree with Seamus, get the info on al the foods and build your diet around that I'd say.
    Watch the aul beer as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Bomb, what you want to look up is The Atkins Diet.

theres so much stuff on the net its unreal. Anyway he is the champion of hi protein low carb diet.

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Try the Weight Watchers diet its one of the most succesful ones out there, I admit to having tried it lol worked well but then I started drinking and eating crap food again and never went back to it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Invest in a juicer. Even with a hand blender you can get great drinks. Celery and tomato, pineapple and blueberry and orange juice. Grapefruit and carrot.....
    Just get a sieve if you're going to do that.

Advertisement