Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about UTV internet??

Options
  • 15-04-2002 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

With Eiromc and Esat out of the ODTR crap,where does this leave UTV internet with their plan for Flat rate 56k?
    i havent got a email from them in a while.
    Anybody know whats up with that ?
    Kdja

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Unlike Esat, they're not in a position to seek (or benefit from) LLU, with the result that we don't hear too much (if anything) from UTV on that front.

UTV are still very interested in the Republic from what I've heard. Their user base here is growing (slowly but steadily). And because of the commitment they've shown to customer service on both sides of the border they're sure to do well when flat-rate becomes possible (unlike many alternative services they managed to send me a CD in two days when I ordered one just to see how long it would take).

Until some movement is made towards a proper FRIACO-type system in the Republic though, the best UTV can do is sit on the fence and wait.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Why don't you ask them kdja? Their email address is sales@u.tv.

I dig their new domain name. dotTV probably took them to the cleaners for that.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by sceptre
    Unlike Esat, they're not in a position to seek (or benefit from) LLU
    Can you expand a bit on that please? I've been wondering what the hurdles are to becoming an OLO given that the price of an unbundled line seems exceptionally attractive compared to that of wholesale bitstream access, particularly compared with the situation in the UK. What's to stop me being an OLO? If there are extensive hurdles, could we ask the ODTR to reduce them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They don't have a licence. Which begs the question, just how committed are UTV to the Southern Irish market?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by dahamsta

I dig their new domain name. dotTV probably took them to the cleaners for that.

[/B]

Yeah it looks very stylish in the corner of UTV... u.tv ... very cool indeed if I may say so :P. (Totally irrelevant post, might as well make it look normal). Friaco soon! Yeah...yeah...

• Advertisement
Advertisement