Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GB Advance Price!!!!

Options
  • 15-04-2002 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I recently got a GBA as a present :D couldnt believe it.... i was delighted.... but then when i went to buy games for it i was amazed at the price... most shops are charging €57 for a game... how crap is that... i bought MGS2 for €55 in xtravision... i think between €35 and €40 is a decent price to pay for a handheld game... i couldnt believe it when i found Mario Kart Advance for €50... i bought it... still think its too much... but still its a great game...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

yes totally agree with you.....
    sent a friend 2 get me mario advance 2
    didnt expect 57 euro price though....
    still its probably worth it (trying to convince
    meself)......pity about that dark screen
    though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

the dark screen is a bloody curse.... I think nintendo are going to use release a new GBA with a backlight.. that shouls solve the problema but not for us poor souls that have allready bought it... still, its a good machine... i was surprised how well mario kart advance looked... i was very impressed... next on my list is Advance Wars... :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thinkthat of all the consoles out at the moment the gba has by far the best selection of games. Long live 2D!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

If you want a solution to that dark screen check out www.portablemonopoly.com Or www.tritonlabs.com

Also, as the Gameboy advance is not regionalised you can buy Japanese or American games on the net for a whole lot cheaper than you can get em in Irish stores.

Rabies
    as the Gameboy advance is not regionalised you can buy Japanese or American games on the net for a whole lot cheaper than you can get em in Irish stores.

are you serious???? i
    f they are not regionalised i can get games never released here :D there are loads of games i have wanted for the SNES, PS2 etc, but had to wait for months before the came out here or they were never released..... if i can buy games from USA it will solve a lot of hassel waiting for games....
    :D

thanks

:cool: Rabies :cool:

• Advertisement

Yup, it's the same for the gameboy colour (not sure for the original gameboy but i'd guess it is).

Oh, and Mario Advance 2 is 49.99 in GAME if you are looking for it cheaper in Irish stores. Havent checked Smyths yet (they usually do decent prices for software)

ya was told smyths is the best for price... but couldnt find smyths when i was in dublin at the weekend.... checked Game, Virgin, HMV, GamesWorld and Electronics Boutique for Mario Kart Advance, all of them were charging €57 apart from EB they charged €50.... still think too much for a GBA game but i still bought it cos it is a quality game

:cool: Rabies :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I seem to recall paying about £50 for SMW on the SNES ten years ago. I didn't have a problem with paying €55 for the handheld version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

The prices are mad for the games.

IMO if the prices were realistic IE 50% of what they currently are, twice as many games would be sold and possibly more!

Im not going to buy a GBA until the prices drop...if they don't ill be satisfied with playing the games on my PC :P

Prae:

warezmonkey.jpg

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I can't even be bothered telling off someone stupid enough to think playing GBA games on a PC is a good idea.

(Personally I nearly broke my legs trying to balance a 22" monitor on them on the train.)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I'm tempted to ask where you put the dam tower...and the keyboard...and how you powered it....

-my sense of homour is terrible...ahh well.:( :(:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Praetorian didn't mean laying emulators cos he doesn't have one. All gameboy systems aren't regionalised I got my first gameboy in america and had no trouble with games.

just went to amazon and they are selling GBA games for $29.99 that is just over €33 ... we are being robbed here, there is a €20 price difference between us and the USA.... :mad: :mad: i tried to buy Advance Wars but amazon won't ship software or electronics to europe..... BAS***RDS!!!!!! i could have saved a fourtune on GBA games.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Amazon US are a pain like that, yes.

Check out http://www.dvdcrave.com - Australian site, and stuff there works out dirt cheap because the Aussie dollar isn't worth the paper (plastic) it's printed on.

Australia is Region 2, by the way, so PS2 games and stuff ordered from there will work in unchipped consoles too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

what the delivery charge like on that site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I thinkthat of all the consoles out at the moment the gba has by far the best selection of games. Long live 2D!

I agree. The selection is massive with new games coming out all the time. Alot of the games for the GameCube and PS2 are being released on GBA format to which extends the range somewhat.

New good one due in winter - Blender Bros. - its at
    http://www.playerofgames.com

Sounds good.

You could try ebay. Lots of good prices on their for GBA games. Just check the persons feedback your dealing with and ask what the shipping charge will be before placing a bid.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Check out Liksang.com and look for Cold Cathode Light for your GBA. Got one, and it lights up 95% of the whole screen. A definite necessity, imho.

Liksang are cheap, and delivery will take about a week (order it today and get it late next week).

Liksang sell lots of other 'useful' GBA accessories (I'll say no more).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Digifiend

Originally posted by mbroaders
    Yup, it's the same for the gameboy colour (not sure for the original gameboy but i'd guess it is).
    Yes, I have Donkey Kong Land USA version bought from a UK second hand games shop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement