Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WaterCress

Options
  • 15-04-2002 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

I dunno if any of you ever heard of this brillant band from NI, no electric instruments, brillant energy from their music, anyway I haven't heard anything about this band in years, last time I heard they were going boost and needed cash, guess that never happened. But those anyone actually know what happened to them?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

they broke up, one of them has new band I hear though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stable music

They have indeed broken up and I agree, they were a tremendous band & one of the best ever to play the Stables here in Mullingar. They broke up just after Christmas (Cressmas?) 2000 and frontman & chief singer Dan went over to New York and got married (I think). He's done some gigs over there with Micky Brunnock, of the also-now-sadly-broken-up Little Palace.

At the moment, the three remaining members of Watercress have a band called Drat, who are good I might add - but not in the same league as Watercress were.

I dunno if the Watercress site is still alive but it was at www.watercress.net

Hope that's of some help to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Originally posted by stable music
    Micky Brunnock, of the also-now-sadly-broken-up Little Palace.

[/url]

this guy is fantastic... have seen him play support for some irish bands in ny really really good so frustrating nobody really paid attention to him either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

Oh and another question on a defunct? NI band called Tiler soundes kind of like Bush/Radiohead Anybody hear of them or know what became of them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

Little Palace were sweet. Their last album - whOle - an absolute lost classic...

Watercress were good too.

It's a pity these two didn't make it. Showbusiness eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

It is indeed an awful shame that Watercress couldnt continue.
    Their gigs were more fun that any other ive been to.
    Fine music with a sense of humour showing between songs and about 8 pints in ya, what more could ya ask :p
    They had some new material aswell, which could have made a good album i reckon, but their main draw is listening to them live.
    Saw them down in Connollys of Leap on a few occasions including that last gig mentioned by stable music on new years eve 2000
    Dan, the guy who left, is sposed to be in mexico from what i heard a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend saying hehe (so prolly not so then no :P)

Drat are good enough too, (arent as gripping as the Cress though)they did a small tour bout this time last year (played some cress stuff too), but havent seen them since, maybe they went off to england or europe or summit
    they used to be at www.doubledrat.co.uk dunno if its still there though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Damn shame, I believe being broke lead to their end :(

Advertisement