Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

M 50 question- Need quick answer

Options
  • 15-04-2002 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Has the M 50 reached the Malahide Road yet I ask as I have to go to Sutton tommorow comming ni from the south, propose to go the long way round, ie the M 50 rather than across the city centre.

If it has'nt, how far is it round?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The M50 becomes the M32 at the M1 (airport motorway) and after a few hundred metres the N32. The N32 is single carriageway (watch out for muppets who still think they are on the m-way). There are traffic lights at the Malahide Road (recent roadworks - careful) the road then continues through Clare Hall (roundabouts) to Donaghmeade and becomes Grange Road at the railway bridge. Grange Road continues through Baldoyle to the coast road only a few hundred metres from Sutton.

Effectivly it is a straight run all they way (bar roundabouts).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

<radio DJ voice>

thank Victor for that AA traffic update...and now over to Des at the Sports desk for the latest news in sport.

</radio DJ voice>

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

(complains mentally about the lack of completion on the southside and the unexpected amount of time it took to get to go to Blackrock having gone through Dundrum to get there)

Hmmmm

Can I recommend: http://www.osi.ie/mapping/maps/maps.asp?county=Dublin available from all good book agents and tourist offices, the Irish Map Centre and http://www.irishmaps.ie/productlistingT.cfm?SeriesID=15

Dublin City and District Street Guide (A4+ Atlas, the taxi-driver's friend) (ISBN 1-901496-54-6 - €8.57 check price)
    streets.gif

Discovery series map - Map 50 - Dublin, Kildare, Meath, Wicklow (ISBN 0-904996-74-3 - €6.60)
    discovery.gif

Dublin Street Map (1-901496-96-1 - €6.03)
    citytown.gif

Good suggestion, Victor

Might not have done me much good, relying on my OSI Road Atlas of Ireland, 2nd ed - needs a new update (though I see Easons are still flogging the 1st ed)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by sceptre
    Might not have done me much good, relying on my OSI Road Atlas of Ireland, 2nd ed - needs a new update (though I see Easons are still flogging the 1st ed)

Make sure you get the 3rd edition of the Dublin Atlas. The 1ed of the OSI Road Atlas of Ireland is actually in reprint, not sure if they changed anything, but the newer one have "First Edition" as a sticker over "Second edition"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers thanks for the info, my Dublin city map is about 10 years
    out of date but only bought about 4 years ago, if you follow!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

aye that dublin map book is essential in any car...
    "hey theres a party out in a gaff in <some estate> in raheny, you know where it is?"
    a minute later... "we're on our way". :)

Was in Easons today. "Genuine" 2nd ed copies are available (check on first page inside for date - 2001). I still think it's lousy with a scale of 1:210,000 (like where did they get a number like that?).

The most up to date map of Dublin at the moment is the Discovery series one (map 50).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Victor, just a note to say I only had to check my bearing once near the Warrenhouse Road/Dublin St lights, otherwise better than I feared, it only took 40 mins from Ballymount Industrial
    Estate to Superquinn Sutton, now why can't we have the M 50 cross Dublin Bay and connect with the N11? :D

Mike.

• Advertisement

You got €750m?

Time to raid the pension fund methinks (only kidding)

Any idea why the M50 seems to be taking so long on the south side? Is it because the EU money can't diverted into it, now that the country is effectively two regions for development?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Time to raid the pension fund methinks (only kidding)

Any idea why the M50 seems to be taking so long on the south side? Is it because the EU money can't diverted into it, now that the country is effectively two regions for development?

cos all those muppets are objecting to it of course!

Originally posted by NeRb666

cos all those muppets are objecting to it of course!

Ah, ta. Kind of like Kildare then.

What on earth are you thinking? Stop, delete, put brain in gear, type.

The reasons are:
    objections by local residents
    objections by landowners
    the route is more urbanised than other sections
    the terrain is more difficult than other sections
    access for construction is more difficult than other sections
    there had been difficulties getting enough interest from contractors
    the route is strategicly the least important stretch

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

I think it's basically because non-Northsiders are gimps :p

Advertisement