Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you bank Online ?

Options
  • 15-04-2002 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

^^ As per title ^^

as for me... Yes

I thinks it an excellent service that AIB provide (www.24hour-online.ie) and recommend it to everyone. The interface is user friendly and tracking options are good as well.

The bill payment facility is very handy as well, and theres no more waiting around for Bank statements and Visa bills!

Do you bank Online ? 37 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    75% 28 votes
    I use a matress and I sleep with a golf club under my pillow!
    24% 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Terminator

Sometimes I use boi 365 online. Although personally I think its a dreadful interface. Much prefer the phone for banking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I much prefer to phone Banking 365 and use the automated transaction system that way. I don't trust using the internet / internet cafés for banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Don't bank online (but them in my current student incarnation it's not like I've much money to be transferring between accounts in any case)

Must say I'm impressed with AIB's service though. My father has been using it since my brother set it up for him last time we were all home. Looks stupid-proof (or as close as it can be). No idea how BOI's service compares.

I make do with direct debits where possible & lodging in the express lodgement box. The bank queues seem to be getting longer (at least on Fridays). Can't be due to windows being closed - BOI in Limerick always has all of the teller windows open (so I conclude it's either the queues genuinely becoming longer or bank staff getting slower)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by 80project
    ^^ As per title ^^

as for me... Yes

I thinks it an excellent service that AIB provide (www.24hour-online.ie) and recommend it to everyone. The interface is user friendly and tracking options are good as well.

The bill payment facility is very handy as well, and theres no more waiting around for Bank statements and Visa bills!

I've been using it for ages, and I agree - it's very handy, as is the telephone service (clued up staff, always a bonus lol).

Lots of options too, but bill pay and ability to view transactions are definitely the best - and now you can apply for loans too on the website (Danger, BuffyBoy, DANGER!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Yeah I use AIB's one. Very handy. It's so easy to transfer money between my accounts and pay my pills. No waiting for statements or any of that crap. Excellent!:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

nope, I do it by phone, it suits me fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Use AIB online and also AIB by phone when not near a PC. As was said, a lot better than spending your Friday afternoon in a bank queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

I use AIB's online offering. What it does, it does very well.

What's missing is Quicken/MS Money compatibililty so you can download transactions into your accounting software for easy reconciliation.

I suggested this feature to AIB maybe 2 years ago but they said not enough people had asked for it. Which they won't unless they have a chance to try it out. Which they can't unless AIB support it...

Advertisement