Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JK2: Little graphics help...

Options
  • 15-04-2002 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Well, here's the problem:

Whenever I finish a level (Or infact, try to load any different map whilst currently in play) JK2 will load the level, but crash /just/ as it loads. When I try to reopen JK2, I get this message from the Quake Console: Invalid GL Drivers (So I'm thinking.. I need to reset something, but what?) The only way I deal with this is restarting my computer... It fixes it, so I can play again, but.. This means I must restart my computer for every level...

Not only that.. But I /miss/ the cutscenes (Because when I restart the computer, I use devmap to switch to the next level, so the computer won't crash)... Now... This really sucks, obviously. ;)

Perhaps there's a way to run cutscenes so I can do the painfully slow devmap'ing and still see the storyline..? Well, whatever the problem is, post if you have an idea, and here's my specs:

PII 350MHz (Yes, I know, but it still runs fine CPU-wise)
    256 RAM
    Voodoo3 3000 PCI 16mb (With updated drivers)
    Res:
    Desktop - 1024x768.
    Game - 800x600.
    All Game graphics are set low and stuff...

Any ideas?

-Dark-Angel-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Fixed it. Ye old Q2 stuff comes in handy. Simply edit the r_ignorehwgamma in your config, and change it to "1" from "0"

-Dark-Angel-

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,372 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

the cutscenes aren't worth the effort they are about 10 seconds long and bad quality.

Advertisement