Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember remember the... um...

Options
  • 15-04-2002 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Yeah... another CTYI memories thread (read - attempt to rekindle interest in this board)...

Remember all those crazy cults and societies that we used have? And all those weird things we used do?

Like the spoon cult (which went too far and became silly)? And Galen's Prussian Cavalry? And the prostitution debate (which was banned this year for some stupid reason >( )? And all those other silly things (water guns anyone?)...

<sigh>...

anyone here from 94, is it true that they had a church of the rabbit or something?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

Personally, and this is not meant to offend anybody, these clubs and stuff get old really quick. I mean, someone comes up with a genuinely funny idea and that lasts one or two days and then it dies out -- like any good joke should. Afterwards however everyone and his cousin start making this clubs / religions / faiths and it just gets really old and annoying really quick. The memories I treasure most from CTYI are often times where I was making a fool of myself (You two fúck off!, Wánk wánk wánkity wánk, etc.) and times when I was with my friends. Even if it was just me, Dermo and James walking from the cafe to the res I will treasure that memory because I always enjoyed time with you lot. I guess it's because to me, CTYI is as close as you can get to heaven on earth. I mean, there is no real meanness or cruelty and most people do get along. That's my take on things anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

yes. and that's all fair enough. but we already have topics out there (many in fact all of which were eventually left as people forgot things) so i thought it'd be an idea to have one on this side of things...

And yeah, they got old fast, but they were fun at the time and they're fun to look back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

i was at ctyi in '94 and i don't remember anything like that. in '95 my ra group was the FCPs Faithful Companions of Proinsias i know i prob spelt that wrong its suppose to be the irish for frank. frank was the site director that year and pronsias was this rat outta the psych book who was over weight cos of some gland. his pic was on the ra's door (which was also my door) and we got group tshirts made. everyone though we were mad to worship a rat, but we were happy........

The whole club thing is fun when someone bases it on something, not when they pick up a random piece of litter and shout "all hail the Tayto bag". It's great when someone actually bases it on something sure, but either way due to the whole nature of the joke it gets old real fast. </OverZealous Amateur Comedian Mode>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

yes...

i dunno bout the rabbit thing... i remember being told about it by catriona, a friend of my cousins who was there since the second year of the place, but i don't know what session...

anyway, yeah... that's what i mean... the craziest ideas for cults, but always with some thought put in... those were fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ceewa

i'm not saying there wasn't a rabbit thing i just dont remember it. there was only one session way back in dem days. shows how much its grown with just one session in 93 and 94 and now people can only do one session out of the two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

cait,laura and i formed the frank appreciation group last year.it was to stalk finbarr the ra who we called frank but we called it "appreciation" because stalking is illegal.or maybe just wrong.but appreciating is good.very good.and then we added the "group" part so the initials would spell FAG-no reflection on finbarr's sexuality whatsoever,it just made us laugh a lot at the time.after that came JAG(appreciating john from the national concert hall) and OAT(the oisin appreciation troupe-cause oisin really deserves appreciation,for his hard work in the fight for bicycles for fish,if nothing else).

lalala
    happy memories

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Moni

Ohh, Aideen, bicycles for fish! I started that!

Oh, yeah, umm, I'm Monica by the way. Cait and Aideen know me. I doubt anyone else does. I was in LDW session 1, 2000, and Archaeology B, session 2, 2001..

YOU started it??could have sworn it was the wonderous oisin.god,he's great.

thanks a lot, Aideen. yes, I started it! Someone was being depressed about their boyfriendlessness, and I told them that a girl without a guy is like a fish without a bicycle. Though I didn't continue it, I *did* start it.

so there!

• Advertisement

yes,but was that not preceeded by the campaign for bicycles for fish??i only heard "a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" after oisin and i started to fight for the rights of fish.

I can assure you, I said it first. I think I said it to Laura, but I'm not quite sure.

But since I know you like Oisin better, you can pretend he started it if you really want to...

Sorry if this offends anyone, but does it really fúcking matter who started it? Jesus H. Christ flying high on a flagpole!

monica,how can you say that!!i love both you and oisin equally!!!*big giant hug that lasts ten minutes*

and bob,bite me.

Aww, thanks aideen.

You know, I only say things like that for attention. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

now that's what i call a kodak moment........
    anyone remember the marvellous songs? ah the lettuce song... and where can i get my rather grubby hands on a copy of the satan song?

sHep :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Christine

The Satan Song is definitely on the internet somewhere. Can't remember the address, but any search for CTYI should throw it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Mahotée

chloe, i think i saw your sister in trinity on friday. was sheleaning on the arts bloack at around 4pm?

whhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    ...satan got stuck up the chimney
    he began to shout
    you girls and boys wont get any toys
    if you dont pull me out.
    my beard is black, theres coal in my sack,
    my nose is ticly too.
    when satan got stuck up the chimney
    aatchoo
    Aatchoo
    AATCHOO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

/me thinks we need a list of CTYI ppl who post and their real names....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

How about YOU start neoslicers!!!
    How am i meant to know who you are?
    I do recognise the name some what but vaguely.
    My memory is rubbish so you'll have to refresh it...

Do i need to even say that 'I'm Podge!'?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

I think it's the e-mail list that has a break down of some of the names anyways...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

it is exceedingly likely that you saw my sister on friday. in fact i would go so far as to say you probably did. :)
    sHep :cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I knew a Monica. Or was introduced to one anyway, it could have been you! Did you go out with Frank Halligan? My name's Ailbhe I have blonde hair and wore a pink top with 'Barbie Is A Slut' written on it sometimes. And I am a fish, and I also have a bicycle! A purple one! Which I think proves that your campaign did work...

Yes, that was me.. with Frank... what was I thinking??

I remember you, too. After ctyi, I bought myself a shirt just like yours, but black, to show off here in america...

And as for the capaign, our work is never over.

Monica, i was one of your friends last year , gave u my e-mail and u forget me ;/
    Oh and Podge , yes i was in Pharmacology in your last year at CTYI

I probably would remember you if you told me your name....
    who are you?
    man, now I feel all bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ashley

Hey Everybody!
    Monica told me about this, hope you don't mind me joining. If you don't remember who I am, I'm Eoin Plunkett's girlfriend, we're still together in case anyone is wondering. I was in Kathryn William's RA group last year Session 2- that was the BEST group. I LOVE CTYI which is why I'm coming back this summer. Did anyone else sign up for Investigative Science Session 2. I got it, hopefully Eoin will too cause I really want to be in the same class as him. Qwidgybo - are you Laura Hurley? I remember Frank Appreciation, and the fish bicycle thing I also remember leprosy, "music" and our toast parties. I can't wait for this summer. I get to see Eoin in exactly 51 days (I'm going over early), I can't wait. Hope to see all you guys this summer...
    Ashley
    P.S. I remember you Hou-Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

ashley keilman? yallo! i never met you, but i remember emailing you before i ever went to ctyi, and asking you questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Ashley

I remember you emailing me, didn't you do Pharmacology first session last year - I think that's right.

• Advertisement

crap , my cover is blown .. away

Advertisement