Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CTYI Bored 2 -- Ideas.

Options
  • 15-04-2002 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

Okay, well, I have been thinking about it and whilst I know this is a good place to chat and have some craic we are a bit restricted by being hosted by Boards.ie so what I want to do is this, create CTYI Bored 2 witht he following features:

Forums, obviously.
    Members homepages.
    CTYI Stories / memories database.
    Nevermore Appreciation (basically once you become a nevermore you get a nice little page written by one of your friends all about you.)
    CTYI Photos database.

And basically anything else you guys want, I aim to make this, with the help of you guys, the number one community for any CTYI'er out there. So, what do you guys think? Would you say thanks, but no thanks to Boards.ie if there was a viable alternative? I am not trying to steal Boards' traffic but I am sure most of you would still post in the other forums here because this place is a great community. Anyway, what do you think of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

as I pointed out in the Moderator thread I personally have no real interest in another CTYI board - I think that you need to make sure there is a real demand for a board and a site b4 investing any time/effort.

In my experience (do a search on google for ctyi and you'll find my ctyi 200 site) ctyi sites don't really work - ppl tend to become obsessed with ctyi after doing it - but after a few months they get back to their lives. I couldnt find enough content for my site.

anyway - good luck and i hope it works out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

there becomes a point where people don't bother too much with CTYI. CTYI people become friends, and this place has basically become a way of keeping in touch with friends, and i find nothing restrictive really about boards, its well hosted, well run etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Alk3

Yeah, fsck it. (For want of a better way of experssing my opinion on the subject.)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Hey Neil come on now.
    What happened??
    This was a big idea of yours not too long ago...

I think it's cause i got involved.
    Yeah fsck it all...

Some of you people don't really understand what it's like to be a nevermore or to have some of your bestest friends never able to gather.
    I'm not gonna even try and explain. You may or may not feel how i do when you're in the same situation.

Alk3 all i can say is go for it. You can use the forum i've set up. Just put the link where ever suits. or whatever. I'm all for it and to be honest i'd love to see it happen. Though it'd probably have quite an emotional effect on some people( including myself).
    There's so many people i just haven't seen. Whether thru them not being in the country. Losing phone numbers etc or whatever.
    Do remember that mobile phones were only really becoming BIG in my final year at CTYI. I'm sure the case is rather similar for a lotta people.

Ah just forget it. I'd do it myself but i'm too lazy and to be honest i have important exams and mucho mucho other stuff to get done.
    I probably shouldn't even post this cause i'm just in aa bad mood at the moment but fudge to that.

• Advertisement

Podge cannot comment at this time as he is being admitted to a psychiatirc hospital for some much needed treatment for stress and emotional disturbance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭sisob

Originally posted by halenger
    Podge cannot comment at this time as he is being admitted to a psychiatirc hospital for some much needed treatment for stress and emotional disturbance.

I'm sorry podge , I didn't mean it - really it's a very nice beard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

bob, something to put on your site:
    my webcam will be pointing out onto the courtyard, so have one of those updater yokees (ph34r my t3<k Kn0wl3dg3) set up on the site to show images

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

oh yeah, are you the real Bob or some sort of teacake masquerading as him?

(it's chloe by the way)
    (or the one with the hat as most people seem to know me these days)

shEp :cool:

I am Bob, you can be damn sure of that. And I have 3 years of CTYI left aswell, now, pray tell, how do you know who the "real" Bob is? No offence, but I have never heard of / talked to you and it is a bit odd when people I have never heard of know who the "real" Bob is?!

And Dermo, Sir Bobalot? Jesus man, come on. What happened to Bob a.k.a Bert a.k.a Bertie a.k.a Robbie a.k.a Robert the big gay builder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Originally posted by Alk3
    And Dermo, Sir Bobalot? Jesus man, come on. What happened to Bob a.k.a Bert a.k.a Bertie a.k.a Robbie a.k.a Robert the big gay builder?

I still remember when you were known as Robbie round these parts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Bob - it was James and Tara that decided to change it (officially) to Bob and me to Dermo.

That means I'm a semi-geek type person(I don't know EVERYTHING bout computers) but I don't care what ppl call me, I'm fine with myself and that's all the matters.

Dermo, I am gonna be Bob officially from the start this year -- much w00tage. And we weren't offcially Dermo and Bob last year, do you now remember the closing cermony? Diarmuid Delaney and Robert Burke, although Colm did mention that I am Bob. :) Anyway, I am a geek. I'm a punk, I'm an asshole, I'm a nice guy, I'm everything and then some. Hell ...

I'M ME*

* Except at weekends when I don the wig and become Roberta.

i don't know you, sorry about that. i thought you were a different bob who i've known for longer and therefore think of as the "real bob". i'm sure you're lovely too though. :) what session are you going back in? damnit, i'm all confused now what with the people and the names and the hey it hurts me. nyergle. and yet again i am going to make a fool out of myself by asking are you the same mike as i know or a different one? there's so many of you from session 1 that i don't know and it all hurts my head waaaay too much now. byebye.
    SSHHHEEEPPP :cool:

Would the other Bob be named Bob Gallagher?

nope. bob isn't even his real name. mwahahahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

EVERYONE knows the "real" Bob! The Bob who is James.... hehe... further confusion...

Still... even I know bob and i wasn't there when he was... damn newbies!

And I think Marty's site had the satan song. Just go to google and search for "hail satan james connelly"
    it works every time...

Yo Shep who be you?
    And how exactly are you planning on changing things this year?
    Just outta curiousity...

i bes chloe (the same one as wears "the hat"). i might blow up the sports complex or breed frogs in my room or spontaniously combust one day and then make bits of me reappear at various times in various places on campus and scare the crap out of everyone. or not. you'll never know....:D heck, i won't even know til i do it! mwahahaahahahahahaahahhaaahhaaahaaa.
    sHepm :cool:

Advertisement