Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visual Studio 98

Options
  • 15-04-2002 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi
    Does anyone have VS98, I need a few small files from CD1. About 1mb in total. My CD is scratched.
    There is a reward.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Would the reward be the price of visual studio, if so I think PC World can help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you have a legitimate copy, then MS should be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

MS should be able to help you out, assuming that they havent discontinued the product in favour of its successor (surprise!).

As a matter of interest - what are the files? Have you tried checking the service packs to see if you can get newer versions of said files in there?

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Now that I think of it, isn't Visual Studio part of MSDN? If so don't they only use the subscription based model for that? Or is it possible to buy a one version of the program?

Though it's 98, so it's probably very old. If you didn't pay for it, there are lots of free IDE's out there which are just as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 martpp

One of the files is VS98ENT.STF, the CD is damaged so I cannot read a few of the setup files to install it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement