Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Phase: 1 - 'Ability.'

Options
  • 15-04-2002 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

I have an idea, but I'll talk about it later.

'Ability'
    In reality, how long would it take to get an Unmetered 56k Flat-Rate access package to the Irish people, through Eircoms network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

Assuming the decision has been made by whoever makes those decisions in Eircom, all the need to do is set up a pricing and billing structure,
    perhaps an advertising campaign...

Technologically there is nothing that they need to do.

I'd reckon they could easily have the whole thing up and running in a few weeks.

(of course ideally they'd need to buy a hell of a lot of modem banks... or we'll get a lot of engaged tones, like it was at the end of SNL)

Tim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

ye, SNL was hell at the end of it, always had to connect at around 5pm so I wouldnt have to wait for over an hour for the comp to connect..

all eircom need to do really is flick a switch. yes, its that simple..

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Arboration

Would anyone SERIOUSLY like to go to Eircom and protest at their gates?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If it was a peaceful protest, yes. At the first sign of trouble though, I'd be off.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I wouldnt mind the odd bit of screaming and shouting, but if the cops showed up, I'd call you all lunatics and belt it for the bus stop

In short, I honestly would like to, as long as it doesnt get too out of hand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Arboration

Oh my no.
    We'd be quiet.

Stand outside the gates and hold up signs maybe, but in no way cause any real trouble.

Let Eircom know how we feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

would also get some media attention if you let the Media know.
    They'd probably interview a few and write a column or put a 5 mins slot on tv for it or something. Would help spread the word some more.

Advertisement