Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL triallists

Options
  • 16-04-2002 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

Have any of you noticed on your most recent phone bill, a little mention of your ADSL connection???

Me wonders if this is how they're going to collect, and if it is, is it legal!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

But so far its for 0.00 Eur.
    Are you saying that yours in non-zero?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    Have any of you noticed on your most recent phone bill, a little mention of your ADSL connection???

Me wonders if this is how they're going to collect, and if it is, is it legal!?

If its for €0.00, I'd expect to see it at this stage..
    I'd imagine they will collect through the regular telephone bill, rather than an eircomnet bill, as there is provisioning done at exchange level
    jd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by jd

I'd imagine they will collect through the regular telephone bill, rather than an eircom.net bill

But why on earth should they be able to? If I remember correctly, Eircom.net was a totally separate company (allegedly) with a separate billing method to prove the point.

Maybe because they (Eircom.net) made such an ar$e of this, they switched back to the old reliable method of tagging it on to the phone bill. I still question the legality of this.. Remember the dispute that the ODTR and Eircom had over charging a ridiculous wholesale price? Eircom as a telecoms providor seemed to be making the point that in no way were they connected to i-Stream.

Oh, will a portion of the bill go directly to "i-Stream Ltd."?

BTW, nothing has been charged yet - just the blank €0.00

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

But why on earth should they be able to? If I remember correctly, Eircom.net was a totally separate company (allegedly) with a separate billing method to prove the point.

Maybe because they (Eircom.net) made such an ar$e of this, they switched back to the old reliable method of tagging it on to the phone bill. I still question the legality of this.. Remember the dispute that the ODTR and Eircom had over charging a ridiculous wholesale price? Eircom as a telecoms providor seemed to be making the point that in no way were they connected to i-Stream.

Oh, will a portion of the bill go directly to "i-Stream Ltd."?

My umderstanding is that eircom retail-not eircomnet will be selling the product-with eircomnet selling eircom retail the internet part of the service..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

It's an Eircom (phone co.) product, so it would make sense that they'd charge via the phonebill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Eircom (the section which owns the telephone lines) are responsible for operating ADSL not their ISP. You don't really think that they are going to do something that is not legal, do you?

However, I am beginning to wonder how this is going to work ... will it be necessary to organise two contracts one with Eircom and one with Eircom.net?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

I have my ADSL connection mentioned on the phone bill as well, its for €0.00 and it says its from 13 Apr 02 to 12 Jun 02.

Does this mean that if ADSL is offically launched in say the next two weeks, then I don't have to pay anything until 13 Jun onwards? A few more weeks free ADSL maybe? :p

viking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by infomat

You don't really think that they are going to do something that is not legal, do you?

Not if the Communications Bill is enacted, I don't... :)

Advertisement