Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you help us finish IOFFL's new web site?

Options
  • 16-04-2002 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

The committee have been working on a new web site for some time now, and it is almost ready, but we are urgently looking for professional help in completing it.

As a result of our recently hectic lobbying we have have had contact with a large number of people in many areas we feel related to our cause. We want to ensure that our new site is easily understood and used by them, but at the same time we want to ensure that our members can actively participate on the site by commenting on various news items and reports. Creating an informative, and usable yet friendly site has been challenging as we have members from such a broad spectrum and so many technical issues to cover.

We are aware that many of the people we meet in our lobbying may be put of by any part of the site they may feel is to difficult to use, whereas many of our members would have no problem with such a site. More unexperienced users may be intimidated and put off. Rather than adding to the confusion by having two sites we want to keep it simple with just one site.

This is where we are asking for help. Currently we have a very good content management system in place and tested but we need to address the usability of the site and the aesthetics of it.

Are there any professional web designers out there with a proven track record who would be willing to meet with us for just a few hours to help us finish the site? I'm Dublin based and as a result we are looking for a Dublin web based designer so we could quickly facilitate a face to face meeting. PHP skills are also a requirement for the job to tie in to the content management system.

If you could spare us some time please PM me, or email me with any offers, and perhaps a pointer to some of your work.

David Long

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Eh... as I told ye, I'm still available to help out with the web site, guys.

You have all my contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Thanks Bard, its just down to a usability review currently, so we are almost there.

Dustaz, Sceptre I think you can "unstickify" this one now. Thanks.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Dangger
    Dustaz, Sceptre I think you can "unstickify" this one now. Thanks.

Dave

Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Dangger
    Thanks Bard, its just down to a usability review currently, so we are almost there.

It's looking good too Dave - nice one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭P3nfold

Well i don't know if i could produce a layout professional enough for your needs but the site you are aiming at would have to include a fully integrated php postal system.

Such systems of the system are phpnuke or postnuke, if you are looking for a complete new php news portal that the users can fully interact with, in some terms, a dynamic site, it would envolve a great deal of php scripting.

I emphasise on the php scripting language over any other such as ASP or CGI/PERL due to security reasons, lets not forget that many systems were comprimised a few years back over poor cgi scripiting.

Any php scripters here i'm sure could help you code the structure, maintaining a low budget is always a bonus, that's why i would opt to go for the open source php community.

I wish you the very best of luck with the new design and i totally applaud your efforts to bringing broadband to Ireland.
    Take care and god bless.

Penfold
    http://penfold.slackroot.com
    "/me throws xf86config in /dev/null | X will learn to fj33r me"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

the site you are aiming at would have to include a fully integrated php postal system.

It does. Geeklog.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭P3nfold

Not a bad system at all :)

Advertisement