Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Blue NoWhere by Jeffrey Deaver

Options
  • 16-04-2002 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Normally I am not the thriller reading type, however if every book was written with in the same style and setting brilliant!:rolleyes:

This is one the first IT-thrillers. The plot is simple and fairly easy to understand however the build up is excellent the minute you get stuck in this book you will devoured be the dark power and sheer speed of the auther

The plot is very cunning and situated in Sillicon Valley:

Sillicon Valley is being terrorised by serial killer who uses the internet to social engineer his identities. His victims all work in the Sillicon Area and are well educated. The CCS of the LAPD found this out however the killer always is one step ahead using his hacking and programming skills. The Detectives turn to a top hacker who is in prison and convince him to coorperate these two know eachother from the scene and both fear and loth each other....
    the rest you'll have to read YOURSELF.

jeffrey Deaver is the author of the Bone Collector :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,514 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The bone collector is a much better book, than it is a movie..
    Also worthy of a read are:
    A Maiden's grave
    Devils Teardrop..

I'm reading 'The Coffin Dancer' at the moment. Pretty enjoyable and fast paced..

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jeffrey Deaver is pretty hit and miss, to be honest.

The Lincoln Rhyme books are very good, as are some of his stand alone thrillers (Devils Teardrop, Coffin Dancer).

Didn't like the Blue Nowhere. A Maidens Grave and Speaking in Tongues weren't great either.

I'll definitely pick up his new one (The Stone Monkey), just released. Its another Lincoln Rhyme novel.....

Advertisement