Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help needed with vBulletin

Options
  • 16-04-2002 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

i need help {not that sort of help ! }.

basically i'm making a website at http://www.nun.ie/ and i'm looking for some help.

i have vBulletin installed , but i'd like to have my front page like the one ye nice guys a boards.ie have {the way it displays the lastest topics}.

is it just a smiple MySQL query that you have to write ? or is there something more subtle to it ?

my version of vBulletin is 2.2.1 , anyhelp what so ever would be nice.

{illegal bit , i can't get the newest version of vBulletin {and i'm not asking for it either} but i can't access the members area either , so i don't know if this script is only available to people that are current members}

as i say anyhelp would be nice,

Pete,
    eating@campus.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

( not smart answer ) download the vBulliten manual ,its pretty
    comprehensive , you might find the answer there..

I might have an actual answer by thurs as your a little ahead of me ( finally conquered php today, that is got it working in apache ,
    viewable and all ) in setting up a private board

( how this doesnt look bad , getting help setting up a board off another board !!!.........no worries not for the inter web)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Have never used vBulletin before, but I'd guess that you could just simply write a short mySQL query and sort by the last post timestamp or something similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 eating

i don't want to re-invent the wheel unless i have to.

do you see the way that its organised at www.boards.ie main page ... well thats what i'm after .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The Boards.ie homepage is custom built Pete. There's an addon for vBulletin called vB Portal or somesuch, but the developer is a really anal tosser that won't release the code (much like the vB developers). You have two options: 1) ask Cloud, and hope he's in a good mood; or b) hack it yourself.

adam

i'm looking at the search.php file at the moment adam.

<nebie code>
    who is Cloud ? {someone from above ?}
    he'd also prob want a silver lining too .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

ref: Cloud

Originally posted by peterd
    ref: Cloud
    thanks peter d , i'll send him a pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

eating, if you still have a valid vBulletin license you should have access to vbulletin.org which has loads of cool hacks for vbulletin including mods like the boards hp :)

Originally posted by G
    eating, if you still have a valid vBulletin license you should have access to vbulletin.org which has loads of cool hacks for vbulletin including mods like the boards hp :)
    no license , have to do this the hard way seeing as its for myself :(

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

sorry if i'd read your post fully i would have got that :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement