Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL to re'capitalise itself'

Options
  • 16-04-2002 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

I found this news on ireland.com, looks interesting. Here it is

->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Cable TV operator NTL and bondholders have agreed a recapitalisation of the company that will convert $10.6 billion of debt into equity.

NTL and certain subsidiaries will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection to allow the recapitalisation plan to go ahead.

As part of the plan, the company’s bondholders would commit to provide up to $500 million of new financing to its Irish and British operations during the Chapter 11 process and for the post-recapitalised company.

NTL would be split into two companies, one tentatively called NTL UK and Ireland, holding all of its British and Irish assets, and one tentatively called NTL Euroco, holding some of its continental European and other assets.

Mr Brian Moore, managing director of NTL Ireland, said: "Today's announcement is very good news as it signals that we are closer to concluding our recapitalsation program which is designed to reduce our corporate debt level and strengthen our financial position. He said NTL's Irish operation remains unaffected by today's announcement.

He said: "Our business operation in Ireland is both strong and growing and we will continue to work hard to meet and exceed our customers expectations".

->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good news do you think?

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Matfinn
    I found this news on ireland.com, looks interesting. Here it is

Mr Brian Moore, managing director of NTL Ireland, said: "...we will continue to work hard to meet and exceed our customers expectations".

Good news do you think?

Matt

Chuckle. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Great stuff I wonder which part of the UK will benefit from the new money

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think he meant to say "start", not "continue".

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

I'd love to know where they're going to find someone prepared to invest $10.6 billion in a telecoms company at this stage of the game. Or for that matter where they're going to find someone that thinks NTL is worth $10.6 billion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

i read the full article a week or so ago, and even if they do recapitalise they'll still have a massive amount of debt - I honestly can't see them investing in infrastructure anytime soon even with that move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

I'm not too good at reading legalese, but from what I can tell they're splitting off NTL UK & Ireland as a separately financed company that might actually be able to survive and do Good Things. Perhaps this is good news after all?

Advertisement