Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOTMAIL...sinister goings on?

• 12-05-2001 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I just logged into my hotmail account tonight. I deleted the bulkmail and logged out and then logged back in. As usual MS Messanger advised me of new mail, but I had deleted absolutly (DEFINITLY) everything.

But I had new bulk mail, same amount, 21 messages. BUT my Trash Can Also has content. ( I alway clear it). Then....

1. I then checked my bulk mail. Nothing had been deleted. Maybe a software error, don't care, its not important.

2. Examined my Trash Can. The contents of my trash can was mail I had deleted from my Inbox LAST SUMMER! All stuff I definity did not need, registrations etc and a mail from a foreign friend who had mailed me last year but has since gone off-line. I keep a lean folder, but they were messages I recognised for sure. 110% Same messages.

I am a programmer and prone by nature and training to rational explanations but I am spooked. I have never heard of such a thing.

p.s. this is not an anti-MS post, so sensible explanations only please!

Keep your powder dry and your pants moist

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Leverz

May not be anti MS but, ( I aint anti-MS ) but with the stuff that Hotmail have pulled it would not surprise me if they kept logs/histories of everything that happens. To catch pedophile etc nps, but for the normal average person it is an invasion of privacy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

That is sort of what i thought, but it is still a blatent invasion of privacy. There is never anything sensitive in the account but keeping peoples messages, no matter how trivial they might be, is illegal unless stated when you sign up.

Keep your powder dry and your pants moist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

And this, kids, is why we don't use Hotmail.

Advertisement