Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New iDLEWiLD Single

Options
  • 16-04-2002 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Anyone heard the new iDLEWiLD single yet?? The video was on MTV yesterday and its pretty damn cool! Its their first release after "Roseability" from 100 Broken Windows and is taken from their new album which is to be relased in July.

Anyone else heard it?

www.idlewild.co.uk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

yes its cool...

funny you should post that now cos i'm listening to idelwild's first album in the background at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

New album by Idlewild...class!!! About time.

Between this and Wilco's new one, I've finally got some decent albums to look forward to.

As well as the Wilco gig on 9th May...rawknrowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

yeah its a cool song...twas on phantom last nite...can't wait for the new album...and i've heard they're putting in an appearance at witnness (fingers crossed)...they were great at wtinness 2000...

Kurdt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

hmmm its on right now... alright! I remember thinging the last album was really boring but I did not give it a very thorough listen. - vocals a a wee drab though. Instrumentally I like it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

yeah, it's a fantastic song, very Everything Must Go era Manics :-) they're definitely playing Witnness, apparently on in the more tent after Vex Red

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

"Everything must Go era Manics"...oh no, please tell me it's not true...what a mediocre album...that was when it all went wrong for the Manic Street Preachers.

Idlewild's "100 Broken Windows" was probably the best album of that year...I think it was '99 or 2000...definitely worth dusting down for another few listens, atonal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

how can you compare the manics to idlewild???

they're too different!!!

that new idlewild song sounds nothing like the manics...yer prob just too obsessed with the manics that ya think everything sounds like them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

idlewild are back - thank god!

Advertisement